Print Page | Close Window

Update on Cody Brewer and His Bike!

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Outside World
Forum Name: News Stories
Forum Description: Comment on News Stories
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3561
Printed Date: Apr 28 2024 at 5:11pm

Topic: Update on Cody Brewer and His Bike!
Posted By: randy
Subject: Update on Cody Brewer and His Bike!
Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 10:44am

I would like to thank everyone that helped me with this. I have ordered the bike and it will be ready in a few days. There was some money left over from the all the donations, if no one has a problem it I would like to donate the rest to the local United Way. If you donated money and have a problem with this please contact vie email at   mailto:email..rlewis@middletownusa.com -

Replies:
Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 11:11am
Might want to designate it to the Middletown United Way. Otherwise, it will probably go to Cincinnati or Dayton, or so I've heard.

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 11:37am
For sure Vet I want it to go to the Middletown United Way. I will make sure of that

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 4:06pm
Does anyone know what percentage of donations to United Way actually go towards charitable works as opposed to the percentage that goes towards the high salaries of the United Way executives?

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 4:20pm
The following excerpt from a 12/27/2010 newspaper article makes it sound as if all of the kids' bikes will be replaced by donors who responded directly to the Brewer family:
"Hours after staff writer Jessica Heffner's story appeared online about a Middletown family that needed a stolen custom tricycle made for a special-needs teenager replaced, residents jumped in to help.

Thieves broke into a garage on Bryant Street and stole the bike that belonged to Cody Brewer, 16, who has cerebral palsy and is unable to walk long distances or use his right arm.

Dozens of residents called and e-mailed offers of help to the Brewer family to replace the bike. Karla Brewer said her phone "blew up" with calls from people as far away as Boston.

The boy's bike, plus the bikes that belonged to Cody's brothers, 13-year-old Austin and 11-year-old Tyler, are all scheduled to be replaced."  (c) 2010 Cox Newspapers, Inc.

What's the deal?

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Guests Guests wrote:

The following excerpt from a 12/27/2010 newspaper article makes it sound as if all of the kids' bikes will be replaced by donors who responded directly to the Brewer family:
"Hours after staff writer Jessica Heffner's story appeared online about a Middletown family that needed a stolen custom tricycle made for a special-needs teenager replaced, residents jumped in to help.

Thieves broke into a garage on Bryant Street and stole the bike that belonged to Cody Brewer, 16, who has cerebral palsy and is unable to walk long distances or use his right arm.

Dozens of residents called and e-mailed offers of help to the Brewer family to replace the bike. Karla Brewer said her phone "blew up" with calls from people as far away as Boston.

The boy's bike, plus the bikes that belonged to Cody's brothers, 13-year-old Austin and 11-year-old Tyler, are all scheduled to be replaced."  (c) 2010 Cox Newspapers, Inc.

What's the deal?

Guest. it was our intent to replace all the bikes that were stolen, One was a chopper bike and the other was a mini bike according to the boys mother. Two of the bikes were found and returned by police, the chopper bike and Cody customized bike. Cody's bike was damaged and still needed replaced, so we bought one. I am not sure what will happen with the other bikes. But it was told to me from the mother that those boys have other bikes.

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 5:04pm
I am not sure what you mean by "whats the Deal"  I will tell you that MiddleownUSA.com raised money to get Cody a new bike and that is what we have done....as promised.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 5:15pm
Randy,
We were not doubting your efforts, but doesn't the "newspaper" story make it sound as if the bikes were all replaced in response to the newspaper story by people responding directly to the Brewers?
Guests

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 5:51pm
It does indeed, I had recieved many calls from people that had contacted the Journal and the Journal gave them my number as a place to donate money. It is my understanding (from the mother) that the other two kids had other bikes that were not stolen. I know that I personally ordered the custome bike for Cody and will pick it up next week.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 6:15pm
Sounds like "that so-called newspaper" failed to accurately report the entire story.

Kudos to you and the MUSA readers!

Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 9:00pm
Randy its your call as far as Im concerned to contribute the left over funds to any cause that you feel apropriate.The Untited Way sound like a good cause to me.

Thanks again for you efforts.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 4:20pm
hey cody im khloes sister james  i hope u love ur new bike and those robbers get a good kick in the ass Winklol so good luck=D regards james

Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by james johnson james johnson wrote:

hey cody im khloes brother james  i hope u love ur new bike and those robbers get a good kick in the ass Winklol so good luck=D regards james

Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 4:29pm
i ment brother damit o well!Smile

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:26pm

Randy just checking on the boys bike has he got it yet? .  Mike on Thomas rd. thanks PS enjoy reading the MUSA 

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:39pm
Hey Mike, I wanted to thank you for your help. I ordered the bike two weeks ago and got a call this past Monday from the bike shop informing me that it was ready to. I then called cody's mother and let her know that she could go down and pick it up.

I believe she went yesterday in fact, so yes he did get his bike. I am glad you enjoy the site. :)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window