Print Page | Close Window

Dog-napping

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Community Events
Forum Description: Post and discuss area events, upload photos and pdf.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3745
Printed Date: May 10 2024 at 2:11am

Topic: Dog-napping
Posted By: Mike_Presta
Subject: Dog-napping
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 6:12am
"Middletown Police collar two who purloined puppy out of owner’s backyard"
Alas, the above headline demonstrates the desperate need for a doggie park in our fair city. How else can we keep our canines secure from such criminal capers?

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Replies:
Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 9:59am
Rosco & Enos on the job !!

I guess someone wanted a dog awfully bad.

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 10:15am
Hey, a great location for that doggy park....the Pennswood Dr. area or around Riviera Drive! Both close to some very famous, esteemed Middletown gentlemen.    and a great place to walk little Fido while being able to catch a glimpse of some high-rollers in the area.    The Highland's area ain't got nothin' on these guys.

Posted By: TonyB
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 10:18am

Guys - it seems funny, until you realize that someone who would climb a fence to steal a dog will come into your house to steal your other possessions. While we can laugh at what seems to be a trivial matter, it really is the principal behind the action that is the concern. Snatching those baby alpacas doesn't seem bad until you remember what those people did to them!!!

Posted By: TonyB
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 10:19am
guess I should spell check, the word is "principle". lol

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

Guys - it seems funny, until you realize that someone who would climb a fence to steal a dog will come into your house to steal your other possessions. While we can laugh at what seems to be a trivial matter, it really is the principal behind the action that is the concern. Snatching those baby alpacas doesn't seem bad until you remember what those people did to them!!!

Excellent point TonyB,I actually forgot about the alpaca case.Therefore I retract my earlier comment about "Rosco & Enos".

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

Actually TonyB, I am not afraid of someone coming into my house to steal my other possessions at all. You see, I'm a very light sleeper and wake up at the slightest noise. Couple that with sleeping with "one eye open", getting up at least three times a night at different times to attend to my wife who can't function due to her stroke and the fact that Mr. AK and Mr. Glock are by my side and I would almost welcome the change in routine, as sick as that sounds.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Mar 28 2011 at 6:13pm
Sorry, guys!
I wasn't trying to make light of the criminal aspect of the situation, nor imply any favor for leniency in cases of cruelty to animals.
I was just trying to demonstrate the type of twisted logic many in this community use to justify the expenditure of public funds for pet projects!!!

(Pun intended!!! LOL LOL)

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Print Page | Close Window