Forum Name: Middletown Area Businesses
Forum Description: News, Information from and about area businesses
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3775
Printed Date: Apr 28 2024 at 8:54pm

Topic: MECCO TRANSMISSION
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: MECCO TRANSMISSION
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 3:52pm
OK fellow forum members......just gotta tell you.

Have a 2003 Jeep Liberty. Developed transmission problems a year and two months ago. Had Mecco rebuild the tranny on it. They are on Sutphin St. by Brietenbach, McCoy-Leffler Funeral Home on the bend.

Developed an issue a week ago where the parking gear would not engage and the car would roll if not on a perfectly flat surface. Took it into Mecco this morning at 9AM.

Was told that a part had lost adhesion, slipped out and let the pin that engages the parking gear to move. Didn't have to pull the tranny to do this work, but the tech had to do some work from part of the transmission.

They called at 2:30PM to tell me the car was fixed. Picked it up a few minutes ago. NO CHARGE...that's right NO CHARGE and the tranny rebuild is two months off warranty. I am amazed. I wish to take this time to make a positive referral to this business if you are in need of honest business practices and repairs needed to keep you rolling.

Replies:
Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:23pm
Thats very rare for any one to do any kind of work free,I will keep this guy in mind for sure thanks.

Posted By: viper771
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:24am
Me too. I wonder if they could do a TH-400 rebuild for my 68 olds. I have seal leakage due to sitting :(

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 5:42am
Originally posted by viper771 viper771 wrote:

Me too. I wonder if they could do a TH-400 rebuild for my 68 olds. I have seal leakage due to sitting :(
What a coincidence!!!
I also have some seal leakage due to sitting!!!  (Doc says I should've taken better care of myself when I was younger.) LOL LOL LOL

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: viper771
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:33am
lol!! Don't eat any hot wings :D heheh

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:44am
Michael Eugene Presta the Third, I hope I don't have this "seal/leakage problem" when I'm your age in about ten years.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Michael Eugene Presta the Third, I hope I don't have this "seal/leakage problem" when I'm your age in about ten years.
Vet,
It may not be too late for you!!!  I suggest more exercise, more fiber, less booze and stop smoking!!! LOL LOL LOL

PS:  Avoiding any actions that may activate an air bag would help also!!!

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: Richard Saunders
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 4:32pm

Mike_Presta wrote:  "PS:  Avoiding any actions that may activate an air bag would help also!!!"

Sir:  To do this, you would have to stop irritating the local politicians.  Please do not do so.

Print Page | Close Window