Forum Name: About Middletown
Forum Description: History and information about Middletown, Ohio
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3970
Printed Date: Apr 29 2024 at 1:39pm

Topic: Respond to this argument
Posted By: TudorBrown
Subject: Respond to this argument
Date Posted: Jul 04 2011 at 12:23pm
Someone said all this Section 8 is better than having those homes sit in foreclosure. Besides the obvious, why is this a bad argument?

Replies:
Posted By: LMAO
Date Posted: Jul 04 2011 at 12:56pm
Cos 99.999% the people that move in are going to be nothing but trouble.LOL

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Jul 04 2011 at 2:48pm
Because they are a drain on the schools, public safety and businesses to some degree.
They take from the system and community in so many ways, and unfortunately can' t give back much--even those who would if they could.

If you really don' t see them as a drain on the providers and those who can find employment and fend for themselves, then why is our community so poor, why are there no thriving businesses west of Breiel(that depend on LOCAL customer traffic), and why are the areas in which they dominate crime-ridden and falling apart?

Sad--believe me. These are human beings-- mostly not happy about the situation either. We simply have far more of them than our share, and too many for a successful demographic/economic mix.

Council and admin promised us a significant reduction. Another failed promise or out-right lie.
I used to believe in Mr.Adkins and his direction.
Not so much now.

Jmo tudor

Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Jul 04 2011 at 5:00pm
Because it deteriates property values and lowers the reputation of the school system in performance, which I believe sj covered.

The most salient point is this: WHO ARE THE ENABLERS? The ANSWER? City Hall and Council. WHY? Because of the empty shells called hosuing. Are the - effects greater or lesser than the + effects of having slightly more stock filled? I argue the greater the negative effect.

When you have > than 60% of section 8, you must ask WHY? Because the other cities in Butler County have leaders who think before they ACT. Middletown doesn't.

A helping hand is perfectly fine, Middletown---too much of willingness to assume majority of vouchers recking havoc on the community when the burden should be spread amongst the other cities in county. 

Print Page | Close Window