Print Page | Close Window

AJ Smith = Fool

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Council
Forum Description: Discuss individual members and council as a legislative body.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4021
Printed Date: May 15 2024 at 12:14pm

Topic: AJ Smith = Fool
Posted By: Middletown29
Subject: AJ Smith = Fool
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:02am
AJ has to go! He doesn't seem to have one lick of common sense. What an embarrassment to his family and the community.

705.92 Procedure for removal of elective officer by recall.

Any elective officer of a municipal corporation may be removed from office by the qualified voters of such municipal corporation. The procedure to effect such removal shall be:

(A) A petition signed by qualified electors equal in number to at least fifteen per cent of the total votes cast at the most recent regular municipal election, and demanding the election of a successor to the person sought to be removed, shall be filed with the board of elections. Such petition shall contain a general statement in not more than two hundred words of the grounds upon which the removal of such person is sought. The form, sufficiency, and regularity of any such petition shall be determined as provided in the general election laws.

(B) If the petition is sufficient, and if the person whose removal is sought does not resign within five days after the sufficiency of the petition has been determined, the legislative authority shall thereupon order and fix a day for holding an election to determine the question of the removal of the elective officer, and for the selection of a successor to each officer named in said petition. Such election shall be held not less than thirty nor more than forty days from the time of the finding of the sufficiency of such petition. The election authorities shall publish notice and make all arrangements for holding such election, which shall be conducted and the result thereof returned and declared in all respects as are the results of regular municipal elections.

Replies:
Posted By: ground swat
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:18am
Busted for stealing from Duke energy. Good luck with that 15%, although the south main st. crowd would most likely sign it twice.

Posted By: jag123
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:35am
He won't be recalled, unless criminal charges are filed. He also won't be re-elected.

Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:50am
He probably won't get reelected because Middletown has done away with the ward system.

All candidates are at-large.

That kid is heading down the wrong path. He had so much promise for his democrat party. Now he is an embarrassment.

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: chmoore
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:20am
Whenever I hear a "loud, banging sound" outside my house during daylight hours, the first thing I do is run outside with my gun in hand....don't you? Of course, that's only when I have my utilities illegally connected. Heck, I'd be afraid that someone was trying to steal my illegal electricity...or something like that. By the way, should we check to see how the water service from the City of Middletown is connected? We certainly wouldn't want him to be stealing water from the City (which he represents).   CH Moore.

-------------
c.h. moore

Posted By: middletownscouter
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:35am
According to a family member of mine who had AJ in some of his classes when he was in high school, he didn't have much promise to start with.

This represents our city poorly. Granted, not as bad as Laura Williams or the lady who got arrested running around in a cow costume, but a black eye nonetheless.

I wonder if Mayor Mulligan will address this at the next council meeting and again ask for AJ to resign. I notice that the meeting wont' be held at Sunset where National Night Out is going on this evening, but I don't think that's been done in several years. Laura Williams probably ruined that idea with her behavior several years ago berating a citizen making a comment (that oddly didn't make it onto TVM).

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:41am
no excuses or defense from spiderjohn

still--no charges filed by anyone.
This will sort itself out in the proper direction--don't  worry.
Also--don't be distracted from the REAL local issues:
Job Creation
Tremendous increase in crime--robbery, aggravated robbery, various theft and burglaries
Was there a recent HUD visit that didn't gel with Mr.A's master plan?
Will we be adding MORE vouchers?
What is the current and expected tally?
What about the high % of empty housing stocki that is being held up from forclosure, and currently in limbo(very bad/dangerous imo)?

Will we see LEGAL theft of Duke electric IF council approves the streetlight installation on S Main St, which would increase the citizens'  charge to operate these lights. Going from $117 to $460 MONTHLY per section, and to increase in time. Is this also going on in the Highlands district, Aberdeen, the former downtown area and anywhere else where this  type of lighting has been installed? Seems it would be very simple to assess these affected residents the electric billing difference monthly on their water bills(pro-rated), since the city is already planning a streetlight assessment to be placed on the same bill. So--is the assessment partially necessary because of the increased costs of operating ornamental lighting in select areas? Shouldn't those property owners foot the bill since they recieve the benefit?

I don't see how any Councilmember would approve this ordinance as written, especially since no one has brought forth a consistent set of cost figures. Can we have the same lighting, conditions and costs in other neighborhoods?

Posted By: LMAO
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 11:17am
We all are at fault for not getting are ducks in a row and kicking his A$$ to the curb the first time he acted like a little punk.I hope and pray that Duke presses charges against him and he gets to go visit Bubba.
Mr.Smith we all know that you troll around on here so again do everyone a favor and give up your seat.You IMO are nothing but a punk that thinks cos you have the title council person can do anything you damn well please.Wake the hell up "PUNK" you are nothing but a leach.You bring more negative to this beat up town then anyone.Smile

Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:57pm
AJ chickened out on City Council meeting tonight.

Posted By: Smartman
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 6:42pm
I know AJ very well. He also worked for me. Was excused from employment do to his lack of respect of authority. No surprise there! He is a punk and needs to go. He also been seen in associating with a known drug dealer. This from a very reliable source. He has also been seen getting fast food and stating it was to go, than sat down in the establishment and are all to avoid paying $0.13 tax.

By the way, how does one buy a home with no job??? City council does not pay that much.

So lets see, has a gun, associates with a known drug dealer, steals utilities. You all put the pieces together.

AJ NEEDS TO GO!

Posted By: Voleye
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:12pm
I have no problem with him having a gun. IF the report is true that he didnt  threaten him or make any threatening remarks towards the Duke employee.    Thats his right as a concealed weapon holder.   Stealing electric is another issue.

Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:28pm
Eye??? Go outside in broad daylight with a gun??? Give a break. There are loud sounds out side all day long no matter where you live!! Heres a thought....maybe AJ is rehearsing for an audition for a remake of Blazing Saddles!!!! He is a disgrace to this community!!! We already have too many black-eyes to try tp overcome! He needs to go and be with his drug dealing buddies!

Posted By: TudorBrown
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:29pm
Like Voleye said, having a gun is a non issue unless he threatened someone with it. 

Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:36pm
Tudor, Im not saying havinbg a gun is an issue. Running outside in broad daylight with a gun because you hear a noise is! Its Obvious he was on his toes for a reason!

Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:38pm
Dont think the gun is a issue either,but putting a gun in a unstable persons hands is a different story.Whoever gave him a permit needs their head examined.
I like to know also with someone that dont have a job and only income is being on council how can they afford a house?For someone that owes money to the board of election and walks out on tabs make the common man say,"Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm." Say it slowly and all together,Laundering.LOL

Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:30pm
AJ acquired the house from a family member

Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 10:47pm
A few comments. First, AJ Smith will not be charged, as he did not threaten bodily harm to the Duke employee and any "turn-off" would be easily remedied by Duke---its called a $75.00 reconnect fee plus his electric utilization.

Date Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 6:59am
[QUOTE=Smartman] Tudor, Im not saying havinbg a gun is an issue. Running outside in broad daylight with a gun because you hear a noise is! Its Obvious he was on his toes for a reason! [/QUOTE

Not to turn this into a gun issue.  But you would be really suprised how many people carry a weapon 24/7.  Not just in Middletown either.

Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 9:53am
Does anyone know what AJ does for a living?

I agree, I'm surprised at how many people carry guns these days. Watch out bad guys.

Originally posted by Voleye Voleye wrote:

[QUOTE=Smartman] Tudor, Im not saying havinbg a gun is an issue. Running outside in broad daylight with a gun because you hear a noise is! Its Obvious he was on his toes for a reason! [/QUOTE

Not to turn this into a gun issue.  But you would be really suprised how many people carry a weapon 24/7.  Not just in Middletown either.

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: middletownscouter
Date Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 9:56am
Hey I am a strong supporter of concealed carry laws, and the only reason I haven't gotten my Ohio permit (I've been a past holder of both Florida and Pennsylvania permits) is that the times I am outside of my house generally I am doing something or going somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carrying.

But here's the problem - he was NOT CONCEALING the weapon. Running out of your house gun drawn at a noise is not a smart tactic. There are better ways to check out a noise without automatically escalating by coming out with gun in hand (which by the way is NOT concealed carry but open carry).

Also, one doesn't have to have a CCW permit to have a firearm in their home. But bringing it outside and brandishing it can be construed as inciting panic, or so I was told by a very nice officer a few years ago when they responded to my apartment building because a neighbor who didn't know me saw me showing my newly purchased shotgun to another neighbor on the porch as I got home from purchasing it and called the police.

Posted By: bumper
Date Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:12pm
open carry is allowed in ohio, not my way of carry because i think it can make you the target.and I never leave home  without my 15 round glock model 23 with TFO nite sights lol Wink..as for aj running out in the day time with a gun in hand was just plain stupid...im sure the cops had to tell him that..he should have called the law and said hey someone is disconnecting my elec im stealing.. ooooh wait a minute AJ is the law LOL

Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

N--what do you expect. I mean, there is a BOE member going on nearly 30 years now right? As Oz Turns, on and on.      

And who exactly would that be?

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 6:19am
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

N--what do you expect. I mean, there is a BOE member going on nearly 30 years now right? As Oz Turns, on and on.      

And who exactly would that be?

Katie McNeill has been on the board forever. Since the 90's I think. Tyus has made a home on the board for many years also, hasn't he? No one wants the headaches so no one who would offer a choice for voters has run. The school board offers the same old tired ideas with no new revelations on the horizon as to ideas. Just keeps floating along with everyone conducting the same mundane business each meeting and paddling in circles. Hasn't been anything revolutionary from any board in the past 30 years. Must be a stepping stone for higher political aspirations ala Scott Nein.

Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 9:14am
Yes, Ms. McNeil has been on the board for a long time--1996 or 1997.  Not before then however.  She ran for Judy Thorn's open seat when Judy opted not to run for re-election.

But that's not what I was asking.  Nor was I attempting to engage in debt about someone's success or failures on the BOE.  Acclaro stated that there is a BOE member going on 30 years right now.  The last time I checked, 30 years would be 1981.  So I am curious who he believes has been on the BOE for 30 years.

Posted By: TudorBrown
Date Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by middletownscouter middletownscouter wrote:

Hey I am a strong supporter of concealed carry laws, and the only reason I haven't gotten my Ohio permit (I've been a past holder of both Florida and Pennsylvania permits) is that the times I am outside of my house generally I am doing something or going somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carrying.

But here's the problem - he was NOT CONCEALING the weapon. Running out of your house gun drawn at a noise is not a smart tactic. There are better ways to check out a noise without automatically escalating by coming out with gun in hand (which by the way is NOT concealed carry but open carry).

Also, one doesn't have to have a CCW permit to have a firearm in their home. But bringing it outside and brandishing it can be construed as inciting panic, or so I was told by a very nice officer a few years ago when they responded to my apartment building because a neighbor who didn't know me saw me showing my newly purchased shotgun to another neighbor on the porch as I got home from purchasing it and called the police.

Open Carry is perfectly legal in Ohio and most states (as it should be).  Even if he was carrying it openly, he did nothing wrong.  Had he done something wrong, they would have jumped to charge him.

Posted By: Summerrain1957
Date Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 7:40pm
I am all for CCW also but was wondering if AJ was carrying that when all the trouble happened at Applebees last year since they do sell alcohol in there and he was drinking????  I think it is his time to go  what an embarrassment to the rest of Council.

Date Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 10:09pm

The embarrassment of a city giving an estate $200,000 when the estate had a value greater than $15 Mm is a far greater embarrassment than a private citizen wearing a gun concealed in a bad neighborhood for personal safety. Most would not think the rationale for carrying his gun was to pull it out timely, when the Duke guy came around to ask "pay up friend" or we're cutting you off the grid.    

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 11:51pm
For Those Who Don't Know The Story....

Councilman's behavior in spotlight; antics a 'disappointment'
A.J. Smith has been in four police reports since July 2010.

By Jessica Heffner, Staff Writer
12:39 AM Wednesday, August 3, 2011
MIDDLETOWN — After reading report after report of Councilman A.J. Smith’s personal troubles involving police, Herman Denlinger said he could sum up his feelings in one word: disappointment.
“I know he’s young, but he had to know what was expected of him as a councilman. He’s supposed to be better than the rest of us — set an example,” said Denlinger, a resident in the 2nd Ward, which Smith represents.
Smith, 22, had a run-in with Middletown police July 11 after reportedly confronting a Duke Energy employee with a handgun who came out to shut off electricity to a house Smith owns. According to a police report, the utility said electric service was “illegally reconnected” to the Sixth Avenue home.
Smith, who said he would not be available Tuesday, could not be reached. On Monday, he declined to comment.
This was Smith’s fourth incident involving police since July 14, 2010. No charges have been filed against Smith.
These continued issues involving police are likely negatively impacting his influence on City Council, and may lead Rosa Lean Lindsey, also a 2nd Ward resident, to not vote for Smith in the next election, she said.
“I was hoping when he was elected that he would make our younger people want to be involved in the community,” she said. “It’s changed my opinion on that because (those) people in the younger age group are looking to him as an example.
“Us older ones, we want to be proud of him,” she added.
Marie Pendergrass said she’d “rather not make a comment” on Smith’s actions, but noted she did not vote for him in the last election and felt the 2nd Ward should put up better candidates.
“It’s a sad situation,” she said.
Never one to “run people out of town,” 2nd Ward resident and Health Commissioner Jackie Phillips said she prays for Smith but has “mixed feelings about his extracurricular activities.”
“I think his age has a lot to do with it,” she said.
It’s up to his constituents, Phillips said, to decide whether to begin a petition to oust Smith. However, Phillips said she still respects him stepping up to serve the community — an action few city naysayers do, she said.
“I think he is making poor decisions but I support him totally because I respect what he is trying to do for the community,” Phillips said.

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 12:15am
Folks, This is what you get when you vote for the wrong person for the wrong reasons; being young and invigorating, having the ability to talk in public, race, education, religion, etc., etc. There is but one reason to vote any elected person into office and that is you believe they will do the best job possible for the seat they are elected too.

AJ has been an embarrassment since day one and was praised by many on the board for being the next great elected official in Middletown. Personally I would not have voted for him even if he was the only one running.

AJ has went from one embarrassing situation to another and totally embarrassed this town with his lack of leadership and self control.

I have to also say that Mrs Phillips has also left a sour taste in my mouth with her comment, “It’s a sad situation,” she said. Never one to “run people out of town,” 2nd Ward resident and Health Commissioner Jackie Phillips said she prays for Smith but has “mixed feelings about his extracurricular activities.” “I think his age has a lot to do with it,” she said. It’s up to his constituents, Phillips said, to decide whether to begin a petition to oust Smith. However, Phillips said she still respects him stepping up to serve the community — an action few city naysayers do, she said.
“I think he is making poor decisions but I support him totally because I respect what he is trying to do for the community,” Phillips said.
This comment does not reflect well of her judgement of people as a city leader.

Personally if I were Mayor Mulligan I would seek legal counsel on having AJ removed from city council.

John Beagle - You say bad Guys watch out - I say Good Guys Watch Out if he is packing during the council meetings. PSSSST Mr. Becker, between you and me and the fly on the wall for protection of your fellow council members? A person such as AJ, who tends to act on the spur of the moment and with high passion should not be permitted to carry a gun during council meetings or even when in the city building. To the 2nd Ward; considering AJ only got 1200 votes when he was elected (if my memory serves me correctly) you should be able to get him on a recall ballot with 150 signatures and about 30-40 signatures as backups.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 12:32am
Personally if I were Mayor Mulligan I would seek legal counsel on having AJ removed from city council.

John Beagle - You say bad Guys watch out - I say Good Guys Watch Out if he is packing during the council meetings. PSSSST Mr. Becker, between you and me and the fly on the wall for protection of your fellow council members? A person such as AJ, who tends to act on the spur of the moment and with high passion should not be permitted to carry a gun during council meetings or even when in the city building. To the 2nd Ward; considering AJ only got 1200 votes when he was elected (if my memory serves me correctly) you should be able to get him on a recall ballot with 150 signatures and about 30-40 signatures as backups.

Pac,couldnt agree with you anymore.There has to be a way to get this young thug off of council.Since he just wants to keep on dragging this "DEAD City" down  in the ground some more. We all know that he cant get it through his head know one wants him around anymore.So A.J. do something right for one time in your life and leave council.Enough is enough already.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 4:00am
Pacman, while I agree AJS has shown an abundance of immaturity, and poor judgment, it is simply undeniable the hyperbole and exaggeration (well, they mean the same anyway) on his antics has been a gross distortion in my opinion. I never supported him nor any re-election (it is quite evident he would never carry an at large position), you cannot seriously be suggesting he got a pass on the Duke employee situation because he was packing heat legally? If he had pulled a gun, and the Duke cut-off employee thought he was in any danger, charges would have been filed.

For years. Mr. Becker was the most outspoken council member on the downtown area not coming back nor the benefit of putting $$$ into the area. Why then, is the money being spent on it now? The Manchester Inn isn't even a part of any deal with IRG nor State, but the Middletown's Journal rant and gross inflation of what transpired takes AJ Smith to front and center over the antics of the council? Not in my book.

I concur with your point of Jackie Philips. From my understanding, she is the only chief remaining in the Health Department with nurses hired as contractors. She is placing her bet STD's and that hype will carry the day on rasing about $500,000 with the levy. In Middletown, statistically, STD's account for about 1 case per every 10,000 in population, or 5 per month, in a city Middletown's size, treated by antibiotics. That is not sufficient to justify a levy of any sort and they should merge with BCHD. She makes her comments IMO, because she wants AJS to help get the votes.

Say what you will about AJS, and I never voted for him and am a strong fiscal conservative, he does know how to campaign after working for Obama and seems to be a target of inflated hyperbole for being Dirty Harry one day, and a carzed alcholic another. To me, he seems like a young kid in a public forum and position bringing baggage to the table illuminated deliberately, when others are buried under the carpet. Where;s the Journal's scrutiny on the Manchester investment, and downtown, a year after State has been playing around with some idea of putting a class somewhere in Middletown?   

Posted By: Murdock
Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 5:52pm
AJ is a FOOL....

Posted By: rngrmed
Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 7:18pm

Not charging AJ is an injustice.  He walked outside to intimidate someone with a firearm.  It was daylight outside. He heard a noise.  Look out the damn window.  

People are charged in this town for offenses all the time that have more plausible excuses than this clown. 

Posted By: Richard Saunders
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 6:56am

Superb point, Mr. Acclaro. 

Consider the Mayor’s mother’s twenty year dream to have the period street lighting, and the City’s willingness to provide it at the taxpayer’s never-ending monthly expense.  The Journal had no comment on that.

We should be grateful that the Mayor’s mother’s twenty year dream was not an aircraft carrier or a Taj Mahal type mausoleum.

Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 10:11am
http://thinkexist.com/quotation/and_oftentimes_excusing_of_a_fault_doth_make_the/145144.html - And oftentimes excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.

- William Shakespeare

Posted By: bumper
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 11:42am
When can I use my handgun to protect myself?
  • Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
  • Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.

Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 6:59am
More AJ from the Journal......

Councilman criticized for disparaging remarks about governor

MIDDLETOWN — Councilman A.J. Smith has been criticized for remarks he made about Ohio Gov. John Kasich on his personal Facebook page.

With the defeat of Issue 2 in Tuesday’s general election, the city’s outspoken 2nd Ward representative called the GOP governor “an arrogant little man” and another disparaging name.

NOT A FAN OF SMITH'S ACTIONS AS MOST AREN'T AND DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE "OTHER DISPARAGING NAME", BUT I REALLY DON'T SEE WHERE HIS "ARROGANT LITTLE MAN" COMMENT CAN BE CATEGORIZED IN THE NAME-CALLING BRACKET. SOMEWHAT DEROGATORY PERHAPS. WE'VE ALL HEARD WORSE, HAVEN'T WE?

Butler County Treasurer Nancy Nix, a former Middletown City Council member, responded on Smith’s Facebook page saying he represents “more than just yourself, you represent Middletown. Please remember that. It’s okay to have an opinion, but please be professional...”

Nix, a Republican, believes council members should “behave in an appropriate manner.” She understands Issue 2 was a very emotional issue for people.“Some may be glad he’s speaking his mind, but when you’re an elected official, you’re held to a higher standard,” she said. “Name-calling is inappropriate.”

NIX'S USE OF MIDDLETOWN, REPRESENTING MIDDLETOWN AND THE WORD PROFESSIONAL SEEM TO CONFLICT. HAS SHE SEEN THE WAY THE TOWN HAS BEEN RUN LATELY? PROFESSIONAL WOULD ALUDE TO COMPETENT WOULDN'T IT? DO WE HAVE THAT IN THIS TOWN AS TO LEADERSHIP AND REPRESENTATION? WITH THE REPUTATION THIS TOWN HAS HAD IN THE LAST 20+ YEARS, IT'S A LITTLE LATE TO WORRY ABOUT REPRESENTING MIDDLETOWN IN A POSITIVE LIGHT, ISN'T IT?

I LOVE THE COMMENT "WHEN YOU"RE AN ELECTED OFFICIAL, YOU'RE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD". COMICAL NIX. I HAVE HEARD/READ ENOUGH ON THE FED, STATE AND LOCAL SCENE TO KNOW THAT MOST POLITICIANS ARE LOOKED UPON WITH CONTEMPT AND ARE RANKED RIGHT ABOVE A FELON AS TO STANDARDS AND MORALS. WHO'S FOOLING WHO HERE NIX?

IF NIX IS GOING TO SCOLD SMITH ABOUT "BEHAVING IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER", WHY DIDN'T WE HEAR NIX SCOLDING PICARD WHEN HE TOLD LAUBACH TO SHUT UP IN A COUNCIL MEETING. AT LEAST SMITH HAS HIS YOUTHFUL INDESCRETIONS TO USE AS AN EXCUSE(OR DID ABOUT FIVE EPISODES AGO) PICARD IS OLD ENOUGH AND A SO-CALLED "PROFESSIONAL" TO HAVE KNOWN BETTER. WHY WASN'T HE PUBLICLY ADMONISHED FOR HIS COUNCIL BEHAVIOR BY NIX, MULLIGAN OR THE OTHER "BEHAVIOR POLICE"? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SCHIAVONE/LAURA WILLIAMS TANTRUMS THAT EVENTUALLY GOT TO YOU TUBE? WAS NIX AROUND THEN? IF SO, WHERE WAS THE CONCERN THEN?

FURTHERMORE, WHO ANNOINTED NIX THE ETIQUETTE CZAR OF MIDDLETOWN? SHE PLAYED THE GAME OF USING MIDDLETOWN AS A SPRINGBOARD TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS. SHE DID THE REPUBLICAN COUNTY SHUFFLE TO MANEUVER TO WHERE SHE IS AT, CHOOSING TO DISENGAGE HERSELF FROM MIDDLETOWN POLITICS. SHE SHOULD TEND TO HER BUSINESS IN HAMILTON AS SHE HAS CHOSEN TO DO AND STOP PLAYING MOTHER HEN WITH THE LECTURES.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 7:24am

Agree with you VV, but you have to admit, AJ is the ever ready bunny, he just keeps going and going

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 8:26am

Nix wants someone else to “behave in an appropriate manner”???

This from someone who is listed in a newspaper ad one day as supporting my opponent when I am running for public office, and then mails me a letter the very next day asking for my support when she seeks the Central Committee’s endorsement for reelection. 

Does she think THAT is “appropriate behavior” … or does she just have unmitigated gall???  LOL LOL LOL

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 9:36am

I feel this article is more appropriate in a first grade year book than a newspaper. Really silly. He expressed his opinion of a public official, whom has no immunity from an opinion. Nancy posted her opinion back. In essence, the same concept as stated below, by O, you respond and create dialogue in that forum, like a blog, which others agree, disagree, or have no opinion, nor post anything. As a newspaper, how is that fact, how is it newsworthy? Perhaps printed in the opinion side of the paper? I feel I am in grade school even discussing this issue, not remotely newsworthy. Perhaps the paper should take point/ counterpoint here and put it in as news. Well, it takes off the glare of Herman Cain.

Posted By: Observer
Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 10:40am
I consider Nancy a friend and this morning she posted on her facebook that the comment she was responding to on AJ's page wasn't even posted in the Journal.  She says she was responding to AJ referring to the Governor as a "flaming douchebag."  I see political coversations everyday on FB and AJ can state his opinion and Nancy can say hers but don't post something and then not expect to have people respond (isn't that the point of posting!!) The Journal does have a facebook page so it's not out of the question that they saw AJ's post and called them both for comments on their conversation.

Posted By: GLM
Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 10:48am
A few weeks ago I was having lunch in a local restaurant and AJ was seated near me.  He was a bit loud and couldn't help but overhear some remarks he was making to his lunch companion on his prominence in the community, saying things like "it is not arrogance because I can back it up" and "when I walk into a room I command respect from everyone". 

I know he is still a young man but someone needs to explain to him how to look in the mirror and do a reality check.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 11:18am
Again A.J. needs to go .He is a disgrace to Middletucky.Where has he been at the last 2 council meetings? Im guessing he thinks the budget isnt important.
GO AWAY A.J. we wont miss you at all.Smile

Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 11:27am
Any one have a link to aj or nancies facebook ?

Posted By: ground swat
Date Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 4:33pm
Aj is a fart in the wind. Knowing Nix is not hourly I still hope she not wasting time during the workday on facebook. Who gives a sh t what Aj does. Nix needs to worry about her on world of public life and focus on the pending down turn of property values. Facebook good god lets tell everybody what we had for lunch today and if the sky is still blue.

Posted By: 409
Date Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 5:38pm
Another misunderstanding!

Middletown councilman Smith found guilty of failing to file city income taxes

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/middletown-councilman-smith-found-guilty-of-failing-to-file-city-income-taxes-1286015.html - http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/middletown-councilman-smith-found-guilty-of-failing-to-file-city-income-taxes-1286015.html

Date Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 6:55pm
Ok, that's it! As a resident of Ward 2 I for one have had enough!
I am going to organize a petition drive to recall Mr Smith.
Who is with me?

Date Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 10:05pm
Judge Judy moment. Maybe a tv show after office or on HLN for the M. I find the Commissioners in Hamiltion 1000x more clowns than Smith's destructive actions.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 7:38am
they didnt embarrass themselves.   The court and city did what they had to do.   It would be a lot worse press if they give special treatment to someone on council and let them slide by without paying and no fine.   The court had to treat it as if it were Joe Normal.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 10:46am
Mr Smith is an embarrassment to young men and the community.

Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 12:00pm
Doesn't this fool work?  What does he do all day?  How does he afford to pay rent?  Or is he living with Mommy?

Posted By: viper771
Date Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 12:17pm
I am ready to get rid of this guy.

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 7:41am
2nd ward put him in decisively
2nd ward should be the ones to take him out
1 more year anyway, then the 2nd ward loses representation completely.
Instead of worrying about removing AJ, why not find better candidates?

acclaro has it---AJ is harmless to everyone but himself
Mulligan and co. are the dangerous ones, along with Butler County, Congress, Newt and Barack

Occupy and Tea Party rule!!

Herman Cain--Ron Paul!!

Date Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 6:50am
Just when you thought the stories concerning AJ were all but gone....

Yesterday's Journal.....

Campaign finance issue still lingers for councilman

MIDDLETOWN — Councilman A.J. Smith has paid the income tax he owed the city for the past two years, but he still has to clear up an issue with the Ohio Elections Commission.

An addendum that Smith failed to submit when questions arose about his 2009 The issues with Smith’s campaign finance reports, he said, were mostly regarding mislabeling. He said one contribution for $200 was marked as cash donation that should have been a check donation. Campaign finance laws specify local politicians cannot receive a cash donation larger than $100

"SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CHECK DONATION, NOT CASH".....EASY FIX, JUST DESIGNATE THE DONATION AS A CHECK TO NAVIGATE AROUND THE RULE.

Richter said those who do not file the required addendum, which is a request made by local boards of election, are fined $25 a day until it’s filed. However, he said it’s more than likely the fine could be reduced to $100

LET'S SEE.....$25/DAY TIMES HOW MANY DAYS HAS IT BEEN? SIZABLE AMOUNT ABOUT NOW, RIGHT?.......OR, LET'S JUST OVERRIDE THOSE PESKY RULES AND JUST CALL IT AN EVEN 100 BUCKS. WHAT THE HECK!

Not filing his local income taxes, Smith said, was “an oversight.” He said he had taken the responsibility of doing his own taxes for 2009 and 2010. In the years prior, as a teenager, his parents had taken care of his filling out his tax paperwork.

WELL SURE! HE WASN'T AWARE THAT HIS PARENTS WEREN'T DOING HIS TAXES ANYMORE SINCE HE WASN'T A TEENAGER ANY LONGER. I COULD SEE THE CONFUSION OF NOT KNOWING YOUR TAXES WERE NO LONGER BEING DONE AND THAT YOU WERE NO LONGER A TEEN AND WERE RESPONSIBLE AS AN ADULT TO GET IT DONE YOURSELF. ABSOLUTELY!

He said he was unaware that the local chain of a national tax preparation business did not prepare his local income taxes

I COULD SEE THAT HAPPENING. MOST PEOPLE WHO WALK INTO H&R BLOCK, HEWLETT OR ANY OTHER TAX SERVICE NEVER THINK TO ASK THE QUESTION CONCERNING WHAT THE TAX SERVICE WILL COVER, KNOWING THAT YOU MUST FILE FED, STATE AND CITY. SURE.

Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 12:28pm
The title of this post shouldnt read aj smith = fool ,it should have been named something like.."Fools voted for AJ Smith" and like his idol obama he will probably be re elected LOL 

Date Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 5:32pm
If this was anyone else they would probaly be in jail. I say its a safe bet that he wont have to pay all the fine but again anybody else would pay it with interest.
Also read today that a council person in lebanon was pulled over and he didnt have any Lics. Only was suppose to have a permit to drive to and from work. again,anybody else car would of been impounded and they would went to jail.
Guess we our lucky we have people as the one's mentioned being such good role models.LOL

Posted By: 409
Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 10:35pm
One more time...

County commision, Miami trustees, councilman among those who failed to file disclosure papers

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/county-commision-miami-trustees-councilman-among-those-who-failed-to-file-disclosure-papers-1383830.html - http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/county-commision-miami-trustees-councilman-among-those-who-failed-to-file-disclosure-papers-1383830.html

Excerpt:

Butler County Commission President Don Dixon said he has filed his forms, but did miss the deadline. He said the forms were completed on May 21 and he paid $250 late fee.

Like Dixon, Middletown Councilman A.J. Smith said the deadline was overlooked.

“I got the paper work. I’m planning to file and I didn’t realize I missed the deadline,” said Smith. “This is something I’ve done every year. I just happened to overlook it. I’ll be sure to get it filed.”

As far as the penalties, Smith said he’ll pay the fine whatever it totals to be.

“Penalties are penalties,” he said.

Posted By: viper771
Date Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 12:05am
How did this dumbass get elected in the first place? I can't believe he represents my ward.

Posted By: rngrmed
Date Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 1:51pm
I worked in West Chester where no taxes were taken out...pain in full before April 15th. Penalized for not paying quarterly though. Was told my responsibility to know. This ass clown is responsible for setting policies and can say "I didn't know"?

Date Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

I worked in West Chester where no taxes were taken out...pain in full before April 15th. Penalized for not paying quarterly though. Was told my responsibility to know. This ass clown is responsible for setting policies and can say "I didn't know"?

I have the same situation at tax time rngrmed. At Wright-Patt, Fairborn and Riverside do not take city taxes from the old paycheck. It all goes to Middletown. I pay quarterly. Easier to come up with that quarterly payment than the whole year's payment at once.

Posted By: greygoose
Date Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 7:12pm
Does this remind you of anyone?

-------------
"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got"

Print Page | Close Window