Forum Name: Professional Sports
Forum Description: Discuss the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4124
Printed Date: Mar 28 2024 at 7:57am

Topic: BENGALS!
Posted By: randy
Subject: BENGALS!
Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 9:10am
Need I say more. Prepare for a long season of great Bengals football.

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Replies:
Posted By: TonyB
Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 10:26am
Randy,

I'm a Bengals fan and this was a good win for a young team but I think the term long season might be more in line. We played well defensively except for the two blown coverages but if Dalton is hurt for any significant length of time, things will go downhill. This team is built to control the ball, get ahead and then grind it out. If they get behind and don't have Dalton at QB, I just don't believe Gradkowski can win a game. He made a veteran play yesterday, I don't think that we'll catch another team like that again. Let's see how we cope with success and come out of next week's game. In the meantime, Who-Dey!!!!

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 11:03am
Aww for cryin' out loud guys! They beat a woefully inept Cleveland team who woke up in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and fell back asleep....literally, in the second half of the 4th quarter. If I was the Cleveland coach, I would have the defense watching that trick play until they had nightmares about it in their sleep. No excuse for the offense to line up and the defense not ready to play. Disgusting.

Enjoy it now randy lou. It will be the last time this year the Bengals will have a winning record. The losing starts next week at Denver. (I hope)

I can just hear the morons in Cincinnati yelling "Super Bowl Baby!" like they do each year. Then, about 4 games into the season, every year, reality hits them in the face and they realize that Brown and Lewis have assembled the same three ring circus that occurs like clockwork. When will they learn?

Did get a kick out of Davy Laugh'em giggling and wetting the old britches at the trick play. Always good entertainment from old Davy. Just sorry that Bradly wasn't squeeling with him.

Posted By: TonyB
Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 1:02pm
Hey Vet - You ever hear the phrase, "Hope springs eternal"!  That was written by a Bengals fan!!! lol

Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 1:18pm
TonyB- I've been following doz Bengals since 1968. IMO, spring "sprung" on them many years ago. As for eternal hope......well, it's nice to have a dream, but at some point in time, ya just gotta let those dreams go if it is futile and admit what ya got. Right, randy sue?    Even Hermes has quit rootin' for 'em I guess.

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

TonyB- I've been following doz Bengals since 1968. IMO, spring "sprung" on them many years ago. As for eternal hope......well, it's nice to have a dream, but at some point in time, ya just gotta let those dreams go if it is futile and admit what ya got. Right, randy sue?    Even Hermes has quit rootin' for 'em I guess.

Vet- Grab your steel pot and ruck up buddy ! How dare you say I quit root'n for dem Bengals,this is war !!! Blood pressure be damned,I'm back !!  LOL

Randy I got your back pal ! We'll not only paint Vets car we'll paint his house and paint his dog to look like a Bengal ! We'll paint his grass orange and black ! We'll even paint his neighbors house orange & black,paint the street,his driveway,paint his toilet too ! We'll even have his mailman wear a Bengals uniform ! Big%20smile  LOL

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Date Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 7:01am
Now wait a minute Hermes.......I thought you had given up on them and was in the process of finding yourself a real football team to support???? What happened? They have new people, but you know as well as I the Bengals coaching staff can't develop players nor assess talent very well. Been that way for decades. The talent moves on to success elsewhere. (Housmanzada (sp?) or Chadly Oucheesinkee) (Or quits like Palmer did) (or goes to jail like Cedric Bensen). How many losing seasons does one have to endure before they finally admit they have been supporting a loser all this time?

I'm going to take your post lightly. I know you are trying your best not to hurt randy jane's feelings. Telling randy sue you have his back and that you still support them is a good starting point for supporting a person who needs help. Gotta treat all Bengals fans with kid gloves. Mercy, tenderness, compassion is the rule here. That is a very nice thing to do to have pity on a person who supports the Bengals, even telling him little white lies at times to ease the pain. He needs guidance Hermes. He needs some counseling and therapy, but most of all, he needs a shoulder to cry on (I'm picturing the scene in Young Frankenstein when Gene Wilder is telling Peter Boyle that he's a mother's angel as Boyle crys on his shoulder) when they lose (they'll be alot of that going on) and to understand what he is watching......Ringling Brothers, Hermes, Ringling Brothers. Circuses are for laughter, not crying.

Date Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 9:32pm
Vet-  Naw I can't give up on them Bengals,they can lose every game and I'll still support the hometown team. Just can't be helped. Thumbs%20Up
I can't let Randy take the heat all by himself,we'll fight to the death ! Bengals all the way !! Clap

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 19 2011 at 6:16am
Randy smuckim's and Hermes.......CRAP! So close, yet so far......I was right there with you guys, just a cheerin' and a rootin' for your team. Heard Davy Lapham on the radio wettin' the britches with excitement toward the end of the game when they had a chance to win.......then reality hit 'ole Davy and he stopped squeeling. Looks like the winning streak is over at one. Got the 49ers coming in next week. They took Dallas to the end yesterday. Might be another tough one for your Bengals. Saw their schedule yesterday. One of the softer schedules in the NFL this year. Got a few cupcakes listed. Might have a successful season at 8 and 8 (by Bengals standards) this year with that schedule, but still think they will finish behind Pittsburgh and Baltimore in the conference. Cleveland polished off a lousy Manningless Colts team. Still don't know how good or bad Cleveland is yet.

Posted By: Upper90
Date Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 3:51pm
I am going Sunday so I am stoked. Not so stoked that yet more players have chosen the hippy lettuce as their off the field hobby. It is quite simple, this franchise is just jinxed.

Posted By: FmrMidE
Date Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 2:01am
I heard it was just a "Good Luck" gift from Carson...

Date Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 4:53pm
Crap! 13-8. Close. Sittin' here watching the Bears/Packers listening to Davy Laugh'em in a sedate locker room. Marvin L. telling us they need to create more turnovers. They actually need to do alot more than that. The announcer telling it's a difficult day to be a Bengals fan as he does many times during each and every year.

Bail out now randy sue and Hermes. There is no shame in deserting a sinking ship. Saw some people in Kroger getting some gametime snacks all decked out in their Bengal gear this morning. Saw some RV's decked out in Bengal decor headed south on I-75 after running an errand in Hamilton. Shook my head and felt a little sorry for them for a number of reasons. First, they are paying good money, dressing up special, burning gas and spending money on snacks to drive all that way to downtown Cincy, to pay for parking and to walk to the stadium to stand in line to enter and wait to watch their team lose. Rollin' the dice that they will have a good time on their Sunday. Why be miserable? Just don't go, right?

Date Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 6:58pm
It is sad Vet.Smallest crowd in over 30 years for a home game,but I'll direct the blame to Homeland Security and TSA for that and not the fact the Bengals can't move the ball.I'll never attend another game as long as the Gestapo is searching people.

I'm on the brink of giving up on football altogether.I may switch to soccer or the rodeo.At least the "clowns" at the rodeo aren't wearing black and orange.Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 6:22am
Not a businessman but don't understand Mike Brown. Like you mentioned, I heard that the stadium had no-shows to the tune of around 20,000 or more. Since Brown likes his money and is too cheap to let go of it, I wonder how he reacts when he sees gate receipts slip and expensive sky boxes only 50% occupied? If I owned the team, and I was dependent on that revenue, I certainly would see to it that a competitive product was put on the field to keep 'em filled, won't you? Don't understand his business thinking.

Perhaps after all these years of Brown running the team into the ground, the crap may finally hit the fan. I remember shortly after last year, the fans were upset enough to say they were not buying another year's worth of contracted seats. Must have been a fact for some of them. See seats advertised on the Cincy TV stations all the time for the upcoming games.

Posted By: 409
Date Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 12:16am
The Bengals are the only team with three sets of uniforms!

Home....Away....and  PRISON!
Credit,Leno

Date Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 6:40am
randy jane and Hermes.....heard driving into work on WLW that your running back Cedric Bensen is having an appeal heard. Also heard the league might suspend him for three games. If so, there goes any running attack your Bengals might have had. (not so sure they had one when he ran the ball)

I know......I feel bad about it too.

Date Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

The Bengals are the only team with three sets of uniforms!

Home....Away....and  PRISON!
Credit,Leno

LOL Thats friggin hilarious !! The Bengals remind me of that Burt Reynolds movie,Longest Yard I think it was.They are all inmates !! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 6:09pm
If any of these team owners give a crap about revenue they will tell Homeland Security to shove it and quit searching fans.
Mike Brown does love his green backs and he is not about to part with any of it as long as the team is a big write off for him.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 1:55pm
Today's Bengal News

Cincinnati Police today reported finding the body of a man floating in the

Ohio River.

The victim apparently drowned due to excessive alcohol consumption.

He was wearing black fishnet stockings, a red garter belt, carried a purse, wore a woman's wig, wore stilleto high heels, a skirt and a Cincinnati Bengals jersey.

The police thoughtfully removed the Bengals jersey to spare his family unnecessary embarrassment

Date Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 5:28pm
randy Louuuu and Hermes.....your ballclub won one in the last seconds. Congrats!

Now, I don't know after watching this game if the Bills are pretenders coming in at 3 and 0, or the Bengals are a better team than it appears they are. Buffalo showed me nothing for being undefeated. Porous defense and below average offense. The Bengals still have an offensive problem, namely at quarterback. Bratkowski should play more IMO.

Enjoy it.....may not last past a one game winning streak.

Print Page | Close Window