Print Page | Close Window

Pothole Responsibility Clarification

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Community Events
Forum Description: Post and discuss area events, upload photos and pdf.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4939
Printed Date: May 05 2024 at 8:02pm

Topic: Pothole Responsibility Clarification
Posted By: rngrmed
Subject: Pothole Responsibility Clarification
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 2:08pm
I'm trying to understand the City's responsibility in repairing potholes.   If this is wrong, please correct me:  Once a pothole has been reported, the City has 3 days to fix it and if there any damages to your car after that (caused by the reported pothole), the City is the responsible for the bill?

Replies:
Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:48pm
That sounds like the proper procedure--not sure about the time frame.
Probably best to contact city admin for corroberation.

Have never known anyone who has been re-imbursed for such, however good luck if you try this--and let us know how it plays out!

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:57pm
we tried a couple of years ago and was told the City did not know about the pothole. 
Its funny, i reported this particular pothole a couple of days ago.  The geniuses on the road department drove past the pot hole and filled in cracks on someone's driveway apron. 

I guess one needs to give exact gps coordinates when reporting a pothole.    I didn't know someone that works in road maitenance could confuse a hole in middle of the road with cracks at the edge of the driveway. 

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:01pm
We hadn't had any damage to our car related to this pothole at this time, just trying to be proactive.  Especially now since the wrong spot was "repaired".  I guess the Citizens of Middletown can add this to the amount of money that is wasted (supplies and man hours)

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:16pm
Go to here...

http://www.ci.middletown.oh.us/potholes/default.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.ci.middletown.oh.us/potholes/default.aspx

Date Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:23pm
Thank you.... I reported the pothole there fhe first day.  Then asked the question "if the City failed to fix the pothole within 3 day would they (the city) be repsonsible for car repairs.  I was told this information in the past by the City. 

City crew came out shortly and filled in cracks at the edge of a guy's driveway, completely missing the huge pot hole.  This prompted my respone of what a waste of materials and man hours.  So I then reported all the pothole again and all the cracks at the edge of the driveways.  They filled the pothole and the cracks. 

And I thought the driveways would be the repsonsibility of the homeowners.  Again seems like a waste of man hours and materials.

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:06pm
It is my understanding the homeowners are responsible for gutter, driveway aprons, sidewalks made of cement.  Not the tarring of the roadways.

Posted By: Upper90
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:49am
It would take a journal to report all the problems on Oxford State, what a complete joke of a road.

Print Page | Close Window