URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5163
Printed Date: Apr 26 2024 at 12:49pm

Topic: Building Permits
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: Building Permits
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:09am
Today's Journal.....

Building projects indicate economic rebound

Hamilton and Middletown have both seen rebounds in construction valuations as well. Middletown’s valuations were $10.4 million in 2009, but jumped back up to $42.9 million, with the SunCoke plant, which has added more than 100 jobs to the city.
Middletown’s residential permit valuations have been around $3 million or $4 million over the past four years, while commercial building has had a much greater dollar value attached to it. That is an indicator of a recovering economy, said Les Landen, the city’s law director.
“From an economic development standpoint, it’s very positive that (the numbers) seem to be climbing at a steady rate,” Landen said. “That suggests there’s a lot of positive economic energy here … What that tells me is that people in the business realm are viewing Middletown as a positive place to be.”

JUST WONDERING WHY LES LANDEN, THE LAW DIRECTOR, IS ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND GIVING OPINIONS CONCERNING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. THOUGHT THOSE COMMENTS WOULD HAVE COME FROM HAMET/ECON. DEVEL.

LES TELLS US.......

“From an economic development standpoint, it’s very positive that (the numbers) seem to be climbing at a steady rate,” Landen said. “That suggests there’s a lot of positive economic energy here

DYNAMIC LES. NONE OF US WOULD HAVE SURMISED THAT. THANK YOU MR. OBVIOUS.

AND A SMALL DOSE OF COMEDY FOR THE DAY......

What that tells me is that people in the business realm are viewing Middletown as a positive place to be.”

YOU BET, EXTREMELY POSITIVE PLACE TO BE. THANKS LES! MERCY

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Print Page | Close Window