Print Page | Close Window

Interesting item in the City Manager's Report

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Manager
Forum Description: Discuss the city manager administration including all city departments.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=534
Printed Date: Apr 29 2024 at 11:08am

Topic: Interesting item in the City Manager's Report
Posted By: Marianne
Subject: Interesting item in the City Manager's Report
Date Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 12:31pm
I found the inclusion of a paragraph from the International City Manager's newsletter about Alabama charging its overweight employees a surcharge for their insurance an interesting item to include. 

Replies:
Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 7:31pm
This is nothing new, they have tried this with smokers in the past in some places.  In reality most city employees are pretty well paid, charging them $25.00 per month is going to do what exactly......make them think twice about that 3rd piece of pizza.....I seriously doubt it.

Lets be realistic charging someone that makes $40,000.00-100,000.00+ a year $25.00 per month as a punishment or inducement to lose weight is pretty ridicules and accomplishes nothing.  Thumbs%20Down

That $25.00 a month will more than pay for a membership at TAC right Stu.

Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 11:13am
I think insurance companies will be charging more for high health risk employees.

This will have the effect of discrimination on the basis of health.

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 6:27pm
I don't know John I think Insurance companies are gonna be on the hit list of whoever is elected President.

Posted By: tkunkle
Date Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 1:20pm
I also think insurance companies will be charging more for high health risk employees.
It will effect more of the health issues.

Print Page | Close Window