Forum Name: AK Steel in Middletown, Ohio
Forum Description: AK Steel in Middletown Discussion
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5354
Printed Date: Apr 26 2024 at 11:56am

Topic: AK Blast Restart Date Set
Posted By: Middletown News
Subject: AK Blast Restart Date Set
Date Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 9:29am
According tho AMM.com AK Steel plans to restart its blast furnace on July 18th. A mechanical failure was given the blame for the outage just over 3 weeks ago. 

Repairs reported to be ahead of plan. The bell has been replaced and operations will resume within a week of the restart of the furnace. 

Additional information will be provided by AK during its second quarter earnings call on July 23.

-------------
Please like our http://www.facebook.com/middletownusa" rel="nofollow - Middletown USA Facebook Page

Replies:
Posted By: darcy1969
Date Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:02am
The roses are starting to recover. It will be interesting to see how they do after the start up. I would like to see a pretty blue paint put on the buildings that face Goldman Park. The fence along Lefferson is rusting putting iron in the ground. The storm drains that exit by the fence on Lefferson are filled up with sticks, debris, and litter. I would like to see AK take a little community clean up action themselves since their funding for helping nearby residents in Mayfield results in more restrictions to keep the dust controlled, puts more burden on home owners who breath the soot and deal with it. As an example, one person called in and they were told they lived in a dump and they would not help with clean up dust control funding because they lived in a dump. Hello? What is the dust control program for? To help solve the dump issue, controlling the dust and allowing residents to clean the dust off their residences would help solve the "dump" problem. I am proud of having AK and the city is pretty much built on the careers it provides everyone, while I don't want to see that disappear, without investment in Middletown and effort shown by the businesses, we're headed toward being a ghost town unless action begins to clean up the town and that includes the green solutions to eliminate pollution and clean up our water treatment area that doesn't have deep enough clay, as well as the 3 additional issues sited by the EPA with the water source. These are big issues that affect our health, because health is physical, emotional, and environmental.

-------------
Darcia

Print Page | Close Window