Print Page | Close Window

Where Are The City Trucks

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Middletown News, Info and Happenings
Forum Description: Discuss any Middletown Ohio area news story.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=562
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 10:57am

Topic: Where Are The City Trucks
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: Where Are The City Trucks
Date Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 7:03am
Where are the city dump trucks and loaders to collect the branches by the curbs? We have a collection point at the mulch place on Cinn-Dayton road. Why haven't we seen any city street department people picking up the branches? They're not working on the streets. Where are they Ms. Gilleland and why hasn't your Public Works Director put them to work? After all, according to your department manpower(from information passed out at the street repair meetings), you have three equipment operators, a "working supervisor", an assistant director, a director and an admin. in that department. Surely we can get someone to do something, can't we? Please explain. Can we get something in return for the city taxes we pay?

Replies:
Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 7:30am
So Vet are you saying we have to many Chiefs and not enough Indians in PW.  Lets see 4 Chiefs to 3 Indians sounds about right for a City Government Dept. so what's your beef?LOL

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 11:48am
Oh, I guess I'm just a little snippy because I would like to see the Public Works DIrector and Assist. DIrector jammin' some dump truck gears and pickin' up some branches with a front end loader, then, breakin' for lunch, openin' that lunch bucket and havin' a bolongne sandwich with the guys. Maybe break a sweat with the workin' crew, don't ya know and waitin' for that hard earned paycheck.          

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 1:13pm
Vet I agree with you I see little need for all of this top heavy governement for a City such as Middletown at this time.  I have been thru 4 hurricaines and have always seen the city crews out picking up the large piles of debris, but here I have seen no one from the city period doing anything other than the Polcie and Fire.

Print Page | Close Window