Forum Name: Obituaries
Forum Description: Recognize loved ones, and important people from the area
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5674
Printed Date: Apr 20 2024 at 1:18am

Topic: Roger Dillman
Posted By: Mike_Presta
Subject: Roger Dillman
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 3:53am
Sincere condolences to Steve and the entire Dillman family.

Rest in peace, Roger.

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Replies:
Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 5:44am
A good man has passed our way and he raised the bar for being a good man, neighbor, businessman, and an involved citizen. We don't see his like very often. Our sincerest sympathies and prayers are with Steve and the Dillman family.

Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 9:40am
Mr. Dillman, so sorry about the passing of your father. The Dillman family has been a first class act in Middletown for many years. We all should be so fortunate to have made an impact in a community and individuals for such a lengthy period. A legacy lasts.  

-------------
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill

Posted By: blue7
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 10:05am
To the Dillman Family, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Posted By: over the hill
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 11:53am
Condolences to the Dillman family.

Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:41pm
Roger W. Dillman, 87, of Middletown, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at Atrium Medical Center. 

He was born in Middletown, Ohio on May 9, 1926 to parents Dewey Dodd and Martha (Wlosinski) Dillman. Mr. Dillman was the owner of Dillman's Foods, which had been in business for 87 years in Middletown. Roger served his country in the United States Army Air Corps during World War II. 

Roger was very active in the community, serving on the Bank One Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board of Middletown Hospital, Senior Citizen Ambassador Award for Board Service, Rotary Member of the Year 2000, Basketball Official for 25 years, Charter member of Middletown Basketball Assoc., Past Commander of American Legion - 1953, Miami University Founders Club,- and an original member of Middletown Community Foundation. 

Mr. Dillman is survived by his wife, Virginia (Niederauer) Dillman; son, Roger Steven (Brenda) Dillman; brother, Tom (Maria) Dillman; granddaughter, Betsy (Terrell) Mayfield; great Grandchildren, Keaton & Kenna Mayfield and sister-in-law, Jackie Dillman. Roger was preceded in death by his parents and brother, Donald Dillman.

Memorial Service will be Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM at WILSON-SCHRAMM-SPAULDING FUNERAL HOME, 3805 Roosevelt Blvd., Middletown, OH with Father John Civille officiating. Memorial Donations may be made to the charity of the donor's choice. 

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Sincere condolences to Steve and the entire Dillman family.

Rest in peace, Roger.

I share Mike's feelings here Steve. May the Lord make the journey to recovery a smooth transition. God Bless.

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Posted By: over the hill
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:30pm
A very nice service for Roger Dillman . Ofcourse it was packed to capacity and then some. I would expect nothing less.

Posted By: Vivian Moon
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:44pm
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Print Page | Close Window