Print Page | Close Window

Strickland Making Cuts

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Outside World
Forum Name: News, Info and Happenings outside Middletown
Forum Description: It might be happening outside Middletown, but it affects us here at home.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=591
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 2:07am

Topic: Strickland Making Cuts
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: Strickland Making Cuts
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 3:34pm
Gov. Strickland, a Democrat, is making cuts in the Jobs and Family Social Services Departments. Imagine that, a Democrat, making cuts that support social programs. That doesn't fit the stereotypical profile of a Democrat who, traditionally, supports the give away social programs that most people believe to be wasteful and creates lazy people and deception.Just thought that this was very unusual.The article doesn't report the positions eliminated, but does say it will save the county $322,664. Now, we need to hear about this type of program within Middletown's city budget from the council and city manager with the report containing the positions and salaries cut.I suggest they start with the multiple Directors and Asst. Directors of some departments. Consolidate Directors positions. How about a pay freeze for department management next go around at pay increase time.Remember Middletown leaders, you said that you were hurting for revenue.Let's show it.

Replies:
Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 3:42pm
Here's a little secret about the state government:

There is an "Issue" on the ballot asking for Ohioans to approve $200 MILLION for environmental protection in our state!  It does NOT say where the money is coming from (an oversight, I am sure) but I only know of ONE place for the state to get money:  From Ohio TAXPAYERS!!!

If the state of Ohio is so short of funds, where will this $200 MILLION come from???

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 4:21pm
Hey Vet the Damn Jobs and Family Social Services Departments is broke what else is he going to do.  Hint fire some people and raise taxes........Wink

Posted By: Middletown News
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 6:22pm
I would like to see the headline

MIDDLETOWN MAKES MAJOR CUTS TO BUDGET

Print Page | Close Window