Print Page | Close Window

Smith Park Fireworks Suggestion

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Community Events
Forum Description: Post and discuss area events, upload photos and pdf.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6348
Printed Date: Mar 28 2024 at 10:03am

Topic: Smith Park Fireworks Suggestion
Posted By: Rhodes
Subject: Smith Park Fireworks Suggestion
Date Posted: Jul 03 2016 at 1:22am
There were literally thousands of people along Carmody Blvd., Germantown Rd., Wilbraham Rd., Verity Parkway, Tytus Ave., and most of the downtown parking lots near Smith Park.  Unfortunately it was almost impossible to see the fireworks outside of the park because they were so low.  I don't know if the crowds were like this in previous years, but this was almost what it used to be like when the All American Weekend was at its capacity.  So good job to those that put this event together, but next time please aim a little higher for the fireworks so the crowds outside of the park can enjoy them as well.

Maybe some fundraising activities need to be put in place throughout the year in addition to the money spent by the city and any donated.  We were spoiled for so many years with the big shows put on at MHS, would love to see a return to that.

Replies:
Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Jul 04 2016 at 12:11pm
Missed it all
Heard it was a super crowd and a good time
+ the guitar player jammed at a cool local club

Must be my age and a sign of the times/our town because the neighborhood pop pop pops startle me like they never used to do
The night visuals are fine and glad for the rain so that nothing catches fire

We must keep our heads up and continue to make things as good as possible for EVERYONE

Posted By: ktf1179
Date Posted: Jul 07 2016 at 8:21am
I didn't need to leave my house to see them. Everyone in my Ayrshire neighborhood was setting them off the entire weekend. And one person on my street has them exploding over top of my house until Midnight. 

Print Page | Close Window