Print Page | Close Window

What's up with Davey's Super Carry-Out?

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Area Business
Forum Name: Middletown Area Businesses
Forum Description: News, Information from and about area businesses
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=692
Printed Date: Apr 29 2024 at 2:46am

Topic: What's up with Davey's Super Carry-Out?
Posted By: The Resident
Subject: What's up with Davey's Super Carry-Out?
Date Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 11:11am
Anyone been in Davey's in a while?  The shelfs are bare.  They don't sell Lotto anymore.  They used to have the freshest cheapest bread in town, now they sell 1/2 loaves of bread.  Anyone ever seen a 1/2 loaf of bread for sale before?  Weirdest thing I ever saw.

Replies:
Posted By: .308
Date Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 11:42am
Are you saying their bread is not what it ought to be?

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:23pm
The bread at Davey's is no different than what you get anywhere else.
1/2 loaves are always in demand, however they retail for more than half the price. Still if you want to save a little and not waste bread, they are a sensible option. Everyone wants the ability to purchase the 1/2 loaf, though no one actually buys them.

Davey's is a long-time successful reatail staple in our community, run by a hard-working quality family. Times are very tough in all retail these days. Their situation is unfortunately very common. We have seen the family businesses fall by the wayside for the last twenty years. Everyone wants to whine about how tragic the loss is, and how much the businesses will be missed. Then they run out to the carboard box Walmart to save $.50 on something. People--you are only getting what you ask for with the closing of these neighborhood entities. Honestly YOU make these decisions.

If you can't figure the reason for their problems, then you probably wouldn't understand the answer.

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 9:32am
Right on Spider.  All Retail is in Survival mode right now.  I suspect after the First of the year you will see mass closings/cutbacks of Retail shops nationwide.  I would be leary of getting Gift Cards from retail stores this year.

Posted By: .308
Date Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 11:27am
Not a week goes past that I don't do a slow burn inside when I hear that lousy Wall-Mart motto that says "Save money. Live better"

Print Page | Close Window