Print Page | Close Window

Middletown Pride Meeting

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Middletown News, Info and Happenings
Forum Description: Discuss any Middletown Ohio area news story.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=942
Printed Date: May 10 2024 at 9:06am

Topic: Middletown Pride Meeting
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: Middletown Pride Meeting
Date Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 9:27pm
Went to the meeting at MUM. Ms. Mort and Mr. Ashworth gave an informative presentation on the program. Maybe 100 people there. They listed some of their key initiatives with some making a difference and some programs being minor surface fluff. No doubt Mort and Ashworth have good intentions but I seriously question the timing of this. Mort made a comment that once we see some results from this program, we'll call Forbes back and "show em". Ms. Mort, I don't think that what you are trying to accomplish here is high on the Forbes evaluation list. I would imagine that Forbes was talking more about job opportunities, condition of the infrastructure, shopping amenities, business opportunities, education levels within the city, economic development, etc.- not pulling weeds in the medians,painting fire hydrants, more murals, and picking up the trash. In terms of eliminating the dying city image, this program is minor league in importance. We need the major leaguers (Council, City Manager, Econ. Dev. Director, Planning Director, and others) to show progress on big ticket items to impress Forbes. Funny, I didn't see any "Major leaguers" there for the meeting.

Print Page | Close Window