FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strickland's Plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strickland's Plan
    Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 7:25am
It appears that Strickland wants to give Midd. (and Monroe) a 15 to 16% increase in funding. If it goes through, I hope it will delay Dr. Stevie and crew from getting into our wallets in the near future for operating money for those fancy new "college campuses" we fondly call elementary schools. With the decrease in student enrollment( this is why we built bigger schools, of course), this money ought to go even further, right Dr. Steve?   
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:39pm
I forwarded this to a Madison teacher I know. She says Madison is getting 0 then -2. Can you give me a connection to this link for info?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 2:08am
Originally posted by MadisonMom MadisonMom wrote:

I forwarded this to a Madison teacher I know. She says Madison is getting 0 then -2. Can you give me a connection to this link for info?
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 10:25am
Vet, If I understand Stricklands plan, the 15-16% is to help relieve the need for large levies. It is to help take the burden of education costs off of homeowners. The states hope is that in time levies will be goneThumbs%20Up
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2009 at 11:55am
So where will this extra money come from? My back right pocket or my back left pocket?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2009 at 4:01pm
Vet
If you watched the last School Board Meeting Mr. Price stated several times that it was OUR wish to have all these neighborhood schools, not his...so that is why it is now costing more to operate all these schools with fewer children enrolled...Geek
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 7:02am
Vivian- Dr. Steve and the education people in town stated, during their 45 million dollar bond push for new elementary schools, that new schools would produce a better learning environment and therefore, improve the academic performance of the district because " kids learn better in the proper environment" which includes media centers and all the latest bells and whistles. Have we seen it yet? No. The people who voted yes for the building of the new schools believed the good doctor (again) and he didn't deliver (again). Another promise made, another promise broken by the head cheese. The problem is, we have too many people buying the crap that Price is shoveling and they are not reflecting on this district's deficiencies under his guidance. It wasn't OUR wish to have these new schools built. It was a small percentage of residents who are school supporters who comprised the majority, winning percentage at the poll to support the nonsense he was shoveling. The potential no voters were too lazy to register and or show up to defeat Price's bunch. It will be interesting to see if the people will show to defeat this Phase 2 crap concerning new middle school construction. I hope the people will wake up to the game he's running- all glitz and no substance.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 7:23am
Vet
I would like to know the test scores of Central Academy vs the other grade school.
Why aren't these scores inculded with the others so we can see the results?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 7:33am
Vivian- Isn't Central Academy a non-graded school? One of those "express yourself" schools. Don't know how they would report the grades out of Central if true.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 7:39am
Yes Vet...but aren't they required to be part of the State Testing also?
We the taxpayer foot the bill for this school also.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 8:00am
Not looking to Good at Central Academy, the school is on Academic Watch from last year.  But I bet the new Refurbed Rosedale will straighten that all out.Ermm

Met 1 of 12 indicators The only Indicator Met was attendance, not exactly a barn burner of an Indicator to meet.

Value Added -below

Performance Index Score 76.9 out of 120

Adequate Yearly Progress NOT Met

Hmmmmmmmmmm..............

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 9:02am
Pacman
WHAT! I thought Central Academy was the cream of the crop, a standard to be met.
Yep...new carpet and paint should cause these scores to soar to new heights.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 9:58am
Vivian I get the impression that Central Academy is basically an Alternative Learning Enviroment School and not a Gifted School. Although with the scores I don't see why you would send your child there, just my opinion.

For those that want to know about Central Academy:

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic