FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This Could Only Happen To Chad Ochocinco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Could Only Happen To Chad Ochocinco
    Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 11:07am
Most of you know I am a huge Bengals fan, to the laughs of others (Vet) on this site I supprot them no matter what.

So I heard this story on the radio as I drove to work this morning, I just had to share it with you. This is funny stuuf and would only happen to Bengals player.

Cincinnati.com

By Jennifer Baker • jbaker@enquirer.com • September 30, 2010
Chad Ochocinco cereal box connects with sex line
Misprinted phone number was supposed to reach children's charity

CINCINNATI - Boxes of Chad Ochocinco cereal are being removed from Kroger store shelves after a phone number on the package meant to direct consumers to a children’s charity connects callers to an explicit phone sex line.

The number on the boxes, 1-800-HELP-FTC, connects callers to a seductive-sounding woman’s voice and music. She teases in shocking detail and then asks for a debit or credit card number: “You must be 18 or older to get into this party, baby!”

A portion of proceeds from the official, limited edition cereal of the Bengals wide receiver goes to Feed The Children organization. According to their website, the correct number is 1-888-HELP-FTC.

Robert Bailey, president of Rosenhaus Sports, which represents Ochocinco, said the charity gave the supplier the wrong number.

“Feed the Children inadvertently provided the producers of the cereal box with an ‘800’ number instead of the correct number with an ‘888’ exchange,'' he said in a statement. "We greatly regret the mistake and the trouble it has caused, but Chad himself was in no way involved in this error.''

Bailey said Ochocinco expects the correct number will appear on new cereal boxes.

A woman who answered the phone at Feed the Children referred calls to the organization’s main office in Oklahoma.

Kroger workers began pulling the boxes of Ochocincos from shelves Thursday morning and were trying to reach the supplier, PLB Sports of Pittsburgh.

“Of course, we don’t want the message to get lost. The idea was to support the children,” said James Avant, an assistant advertising manager and a company spokesman. “(But) with that mistake, the wrong number, it’s just in the best interests to pull the boxes.”

Tara Sand of Reading said her family made the discovery Wednesday night when her sister-in-law called the number on speaker phone. The family was interested in perhaps donating to the children’s charity.

“That’s when we heard the lovely sex line that was on there,” Sand, 28, said sarcastically Thursday. “Needless to say, I thought she had dialed the wrong number. We quickly turned it off because our daughter, Lexi, who is 9, was looking at us with lots of questions on her face.”

Sand said her husband redialed the number to make sure – and came up with the sex line again. So she called her mother – and her mother said her cereal box also listed the same wrong number. “We were quite astonished,” Sand said.

She hopes the incident won’t negatively reflect on the Cincinnati Bengals, or Ochocinco.

“The thing that is most disappointing about this is nobody wants bad press,” she said. “(Ochocinco) may be a celebrity, but he’s obviously endorsing Feed the Children. I imagine he would have no idea this happened. It looks bad. It looks bad for the Bengals. It looks bad for Chad. It looks bad for Feed the Children. People calling to make a donation getting a sex line, that’s not the greatest thing in the world.”

The low fat, honey nut, toasted oat cereal -- called Ochocincos -- went on sale earlier this month at the Newport Kroger store.

The store manager at the Newport Kroger store was horrified when an Enquirer reporter notified him of the mix-up Thursday morning.

“What! Are you kidding?” responded manager Eric Harmon. “We have a huge display of that.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 11:59am
Oh no!!!! This is terrible randy. I'm sure an unintended oversight on the manufacturers part, creating a PR nightmare for the Bengals and Chad Ocheesinkhole. I hope this won't tarnish the impeccable reputation that this organization is striving for. (slight amount of sarcasm here)

This could only happen to Chad Ochocinco? Maybe but......

This does have it's suspicions. Knowing Ochostinko thrives on sensationalism and press, I wouldn't put it past him to have devised this plan for a moment like this. He now has gained some press and notoriety similar to Dancing With The Stars, the gold jacket on the sidelines, the many fines for sideline and end zone antics.....anything above or below board to draw attention to himself.

You would have thought that there would have been checks and balances in place from the manufacturer to have prevented this from happening before releasing the product for national sales. Kinda failed in the quality control area.   
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 12:11pm

Someone dropped the ball (pun intended) but I dont think the Chadster would go this far. I would hope not anyway. Hermes, where are you back me up here. ?

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 12:44pm
The Journal has a story on this that suggests that it could have been done by the PITTSBURGH firm that manufactures the cereal. Hmmm. Is the joke and bad PR on the Bengals and Ochi?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 5:11pm
I got your back Randy !!

I seen that on the news I thought it was hilarious ! No Ocho would not do that on purpose,I think Hines Ward done it. LOL

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 5:16pm
Yep,that who it was DAMN him!!!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 7:50pm
The evening news said they might repackage the removed boxes and place them in the food pantries. Beats throwing it away. Anyone have an unopened box of the removed cereal? Wonder if anyone has placed a box or two on E-Bay yet? Collectors item you know. I'm sure no one in Pittsburgh would do such a thing to the Bengals and Chadly. The Bengals are well-respected throughout the league (kinda) and Ochoosinkle, I'm sure, has no enemies within the player ranks that would want to do such a thing.(probably)
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 12:37am
Vet - I got 5 boxes and I'll let you have one for the low,low price of only $250.00 per box !! Now I'm not doing this for everyone,it's my special rate just for my friends. But you got to hurry ! They are going like hot cakes. It's a once in a life time deal ! And if you want a box with the cereal it will only cost you $50.00 extra ! Thats right ! For only $50.00 extra you too can have the tasty and nourishing cereal in the box ! And also I will throw in for absolutely free your choice of John The Baptist shower curtain or a set of the Dead Sea Scroll steak knives !!!!! So rush to your phone and place your order today ! Approve
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 6:19am
Hermes- Why, as I read your post, am I thinking of the old Saturday Night Live skit with Dan Ackroyd and Lorraine Newman where he is dressed up like a cheesy used car salesman with a New York accent selling toys that are dangerous to kids like a bag of glass, and a "Johnny Flame-Thrower" toy, or some cheesy nude art with Newman giggling like a mindless trollip? Remember that skit? Think I have it on DVD.    
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 7:36am
Hermes, I would like to have box just to keep, might be worth some money some day!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 10:49am
Randy - That day is today ! Only $250 !

No I'm kidding I don't have any of'em. I would like to have one though just for the novelty of it.

Vet - Some of that skit came from WKRP in Cincinnati. It was a reverand who was preaching and begging for money and in return you got the John the Baptist shower curtain or the Dead Sea scroll steak knives.

I watch way to much TV.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic