FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Towne Mall Scam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towne Mall Scam
    Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 7:32am
Heard from some developers that maybe the new owners of Towne Mall are not what they claim to be.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 8:22am
Can you provide proof of this?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 9:32am
Have the mall owners provided proof of their claims?
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 9:40am
Considering they are newbies to mall ownership, and from out of state, I never had much in faith in who they claim to be anyway.  My guess is any visions of great retailers coming to the mall is a bit trumped up.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 10:17am
Was wondering after reading that TJ Maxx signed @ Austin Landing
Don't they operate Northgate?
If not--why the trip?

Don't sell Weatherwax!!!
Fix it up--raise greens fees!!
Best public course that I know of

Went to first Friday then dinner @ Stefanos
Unfortunately missed a great time at the Music Club
Toured the new restaurant
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 11:03am
some developers that maybe the new owners of Towne Mall are not what they claim to be,Shocked maybe they should call The Federal Bureau of  impersonators, just don't let-em in the closed or open door meetings with council and city staff, they would have their hands full of-em.. sure hope those good business owners moving from downtown to the mall do good!! for sure they have a better chance of not getting their windows knocked out...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 11:07am
The lady that just moved her business to the mall should know whether the owners are legit, right? Anyone know her? Could she give us her take on ownership matters? Anyone know the mall manager? She should provide some information on the new management. Why has this just now turned into a "scam" and what would be the purpose of going through all the motions and cost to achieve this? Doesn't make sense.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Toured the new restaurant

And??????
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 6:40pm
Where is the $20 million?
Where are the "new" businesses!
Voleye View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 10:33pm
Im not trying to change the subject.  But the greens fees at Weatherwax are already too high.  They raise them any more and they might as well make it a parking lot.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Voleye Voleye wrote:

Im not trying to change the subject.  But the greens fees at Weatherwax are already too high.  They raise them any more and they might as well make it a parking lot.
At tonight's council meeting they are going to tell us that they need more parking lots, so this would be a good thing.  They could have BCTA run a shuttle from Weatherwax to glorious downtown Middletown.

Of course, just a year or so ago they told us that there was "more than ample parking" downtown, even with Cincinnati State, so I don't know what changed so drastically.  Maybe they will build a parking garage, or maybe they just want the taxpayers to buy Ben Ligon's old gas station, assume liability for the underground tanks and clean them all up after we pay for demolition, and then a few years down the road use that site as the "gateway" for a water feature attraction using the old canal bed right behind it.  The guys from MMF are bound to make some bucks on a deal like that.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:16pm
I heard they were going to make a parking garage at the mall. Can anyone verify this?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

I heard they were going to make a parking garage at the mall. Can anyone verify this?

Anyone see a need for a parking garage in a location that already has an adequate parking versus business attraction ratio? Since the 70's, we have been driving by the mall, glanced at the parking lot and saw it was, at best, 75-85% full (at peak holiday season no less).....even before the downward trend started. Isn't a parking garage idea a little premature? If true, wonder why the owners are not waiting to see how much traffic the new stores pull in before the investment?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic