FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vitori Alley Paving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitori Alley Paving
    Posted: Dec 16 2018 at 9:29am
Was at the Slice last night having pizza and a beer. The person sitting next to me is telling the server how pissed he is about Vitori getting the alley behind her building paved by the City.

I said something about owning buildings downtown for 20 years and never seeing the City pave an alley. On my way home I drove by Vitori’s building and sure enough her alley is paved. The kicker is the City only paved the portion of the alley directly behind Vitori’s building, The rest of the alley to the west was not paved.

I wonder if the others on City Council are aware of City Manager Adkins special favors for Vitori?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2018 at 11:30am
Didn't they pave an alley downtown in the past? Thought some business wanted to put planters and outdoor tables and chairs in the alley for outdoor dining. The alley had to be cleaned (urine and syringes removed caused by homeless people and drug users) before paving I believe. Anyone?

Because she is on council and also a downtown business owner, could this be considered a conflict of interest/receiving special favors situation on a number of fronts? Will she be paying for this work or is this on the taxpayer again? Was paving offered to all businesses in need of favors such as this? If so, could questions be raised at the next council meeting for the purpose of hearing a response from council? If not, why not? We already can picture what would happen when the question is asked......all council members will look at each other searching for a non-incriminating response, then, without any commitment, will let the question die on the vine hoping it all goes away. Has happened before. Typical brain dead response from incompetent, MMF/Adkins programmed, non-committed people sitting behind that desk. If Vitori is truthful concerning this activity, she would offer a public explanation at that time. Will she if the question is asked? Does she want to be honest with the people and provide an explanation?

Do we know if any other downtown business is receiving this type of benefit and attention as well? If not, why not? Likewise, do we know if any business outside the downtown area is receiving this type of benefit and attention and if not, why not? If the answer to each of these questions is no, then Adkins and whoever else is responsible for this activity needs to explain to the taxpayer why this occurred at the next public meeting. Everything they do at the city building brings doubt to the residents minds and the confidence/trust level between the people and the government lessens every time we read about yet another favor done for the chosen ones in this town. The special agenda of this city, which excludes the general populace, is just one more indication of government distrust. It just isn't important that the Adkins administration communicate with the residents on any matter involving the operation of this city. Same went for the previous administrations as well. They ask for your support and money, implement plans behind your back, do as they dam well please and act like you don't matter when it's all said and done. Why would anyone support this city government given their pompous, secretive attitude?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 10:44am
Evidently the alley directly behind Councilperson Vitoti’s property is the only alley that needed paving.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 12:10pm
Why of all the places to obsess with do you choose Ms. Vitori’s property? Maybe you should check facts instead of letting your wild conspiracy theories run wild.
Middletown... Bright past BRIGHTER FUTURE!!!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 1:35pm
Mom (Ami)

No obsession or conspiracy.

FACT:

City paved alley behind Vitori building neglecting miles of alley untouched in much worse condition.

Vitori seems to have no problem abusing her position in City Council.

In addition to failing to pay her taxes, contractors and employees.

middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 4:08pm
Any idea why it was paved 29? No, you don’t do you?
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 4:10pm
Let the conspiracy theories keep coming. It’s very amusing. I’ve got a good bottle of wine to drink tonight, I’ll enjoy the responses.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by middiemom middiemom wrote:

Any idea why it was paved 29? No, you don’t do you?

"Why of all the places to obsess with do you choose Ms. Vitori’s property?"

"Maybe you should check facts instead of letting your wild conspiracy theories run wild"

Ok, do you know why it was paved middiemom? What are the facts you mention in your post listed above? If facts are provided there is no need for conspiracy theories is there. Instead of both sides here taking shots at each other, making this a "them against us" type of conversation, if you know the background of why this specific part of the alley was paved, please tell us. Otherwise, this will go back and forth with no resolve. If someone in the know can provide a reason why the alley by her business was paved and not the entire alley, you will end this adversarial debate with the answer. After all, the alley by her business is public domain and the paving job was done with taxpayer money (or did she pay for the paving?) so the citizens have a right to know why this specific area was paved and the reasons why this was done specifically for her business.   

No need for this to go back and forth with accusations is there? An explanation would end this.

middiemom......Ms. Vitori.....whoever has the answer......please respond.

Thank you in advance.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 6:57pm
You make my point Vet. NONE of you know ,you just assume. Do the legwork yourself and find out. I already know. I get it though, it’s easier to be lazy and make accusations. Fiction and drama are far more interesting to the masses. I feel those who are making preposterous accusations will feel foolish when they find out the truth. Or maybe they will just find another fictitious topic to obsess with.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2018 at 7:57pm

You make my point Vet. NONE of you know ,you just assume. Do the legwork yourself and find out. I already know. I get it though, it’s easier to be lazy and make accusations. Fiction and drama are far more interesting to the masses. I feel those who are making preposterous accusations will feel foolish when they find out the truth. Or maybe they will just find another fictitious topic to obsess with.

And that is what I thought would happen as to your response. I asked you (or whoever knew the answer) to the debate) a simple question related to your knowledge of the situation and asked you (or anyone) to provide the answer. It should have been a simple undertaking on your part to provide a simple answer to a simple question. I did not "assume" anything here. I was not looking for "drama" or "making accusations" either. As a matter of fact, I asked for an answer to prevent any further non-informed discussions on this topic and to eliminate any assumptions. If this is fictitious talk, tell us why. Make us "feel foolish" by telling us the answer.......or don't you have a clue as to the answer? Why the games?

BY YOUR OWN CHOICE.....

What you have chosen to do is to put it back in our laps to research what you have admitted to knowing in your post above in the 4th sentence...."I already know". By suggesting we "research" this suggests to me that you do not know the answer yourself. If you knew, you would use logic here and provide the answer rather than to insist we "research it ourselves". Why play the mystery game here? Your credibility as to knowing the answer is in doubt right now.

I have tried to be diplomatic, as non-combative and as non-offensive as I can be in my post here.

Now, you have forced me to become more assertive and adversarial in my response to you. You now have exhibited that you have no intention to find some common ground here in this discussion. You seem to want to take a combative posture and want to argue with those who wanted to know the answers.

You don't want to carry on a decent conversation here. Ironically, you often accuse this site of being too abrasive, too negative and too combative and it is you who have just demonstrated the same traits with your combative, non-cooperative response. You are no better than the ones you accuse here on a daily basis. When we try to approach you with a non-abrasive approach, you still insist on releasing your ire on us. You seem to want to carry on this little war with the forum members no matter the subject and no matter the approach. Time to grow up and conduct an adult conversation. I would suggest the other forum members stop addressing you and soliciting post responses from you in the future. I see no value in trying to communicate with you given your most recent responses. Hell, you seem to be incapable of having an open discussion with anyone on this site. You seem to have an issue with the posts here which begs the question......why do you bother with being a member of this forum? ......unless it's to cause trouble here and loudly announce your egotist, 60's women's libber, "me too movement" nonsense. (never said I was politically correct)

People, IMO, she just isn't worth communicating with anymore.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 11:14am
“Decent conversation”?!?!?!? There’s no conversation. You people come on here with your wild accusations with absolutely no knowledge of the facts. But don’t let little things such as facts get in the way. You can’t just come in this thread and make rizdiculous assumptions and then expect those that you levy the charge against dispute it. It’s like the old quoute, when did you stop beating your wife? Vet, I heard you don’t like America. Must be true because I heard it. Don’t bother defending yourself against this wild accusation, just sit back and shut up as you’d like me to do.

People, IMO this site isn’t worth communicating with anymore.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 11:47am

“Decent conversation”?!?!?!? There’s no conversation. You people come on here with your wild accusations with absolutely no knowledge of the facts. But don’t let little things such as facts get in the way. You can’t just come in this thread and make rizdiculous assumptions and then expect those that you levy the charge against dispute it. It’s like the old quoute, when did you stop beating your wife? Vet, I heard you don’t like America. Must be true because I heard it. Don’t bother defending yourself against this wild accusation, just sit back and shut up as you’d like me to do.

People, IMO this site isn’t worth communicating with anymore.

This ranting is so sad. Mom, you just proved my point.

I asked you to provide us with facts and you basically said "I know the answer but research it yourself" even with you admitting you knew the truth. Why do you refuse to tell us the answer? I asked for you to help us understand the situation and you shoved it right back at us in defiance. Why all the anger and hostility when we are trying to be agreeable? Stop acting like a grade school kid who has to have the shovel and pail on the playground. Contrary to your self-imposed importance, you are not the center of the universe.

Oh, and your little example......

"Vet, I heard you don’t like America. Must be true because I heard it. Don’t bother defending yourself against this wild accusation, just sit back and shut up as you’d like me to do."

Don't need to defend it, not valid and doesn't apply. My screen name, my military record and my honorable discharge speaks for itself. Don't need to "shut up" and never asked you to either. Just suggested to other members to stop communicating with you in your current state. You, on the other hand, are free to continue your one sided power girl libber diatribe at your leisure. Good luck on finding any allies.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 2:03pm
Vet, you are so unhinged. Please explain to me why people are allowed to come on here and make unfounded accusations left and right and those they do that to are supposed to disprove false accusations. This site is a JOKE!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 7:38pm

Vet, you are so unhinged. Please explain to me why people are allowed to come on here and make unfounded accusations left and right and those they do that to are supposed to disprove false accusations. This site is a JOKE!

I'm unhinged? Tell you what mom. I will explain to you why people are allowed to come on here and make unfounded accusations if you explain to me why you claim to know the answer to the Vitori alley paving subject but are unwilling to tell us the details so that the subject can be put to rest. Wouldn't it be nice to see this debate come to an end for all concerned? You claim to have the answer to make this happen. Why not tell us and eliminate this verbal battle?

The site is not a joke. The site simply gives historic facts and a different perspective about what Middletown's situation/direction should be at this point and is not in agreement with the status quo who run this city. It is the counterbalance to counteract the propaganda written in the city controlled Journal. You are in agreement with and trust those who run the city, therefore, you will not agree with most of what is posted on this site. Given this fact, it is not a joke to most who post here but rather a joke to those who participate using the city's method of thinking. You will never agree with the posts here. Some here, including me, will never agree with the city thinking and the end results of their thinking. The city is in disaster mode IMO with no positive change in sight (except for the special interest groups located in the downtown area). Totally misdirected in focus and development. The poor city image, the total focus on the downtown while ignoring the rest of the city and the poor school performance are evidence of the misdirection. The city has been damaged by the decisions made since the 70's and has gotten worse with each administration since then. The current administration certainly has done their fair share of damage.

In the meantime, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with your family.

God Bless
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 9:52pm
Vet, this site is a complete joke. You say it offfers facts while at the same time “men’ attack women with wild accusations and try to make them disprove them. You say this site is a counterbalance to the direction the city is going. Nice job.. Keep it up!! Your track record is amazing! LOLOlOLOL!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 10:36pm
mom: "Vet, this site is a complete joke"

Ok, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. We will just disagree here. Is this "joke" assessment because this site doesn't agree with your ideas? If it supported your way of thinking would it still be a joke?

mom: "You say it offfers facts while at the same time “men’ attack women with wild accusations and try to make them disprove them"

Yes, this site offers facts/evidence to back up statements made. If you would take the time to review a wide array of topics here, I'm sure you will find supporting evidence pertaining to what is posted, especially from Vivian Moon, Mike Presta and from your old friend Nelson Self. They all have supplied a multitude of information supporting their posts on a wide array of topics.

mom: ".... “men’ attack women with wild accusations and try to make them disprove them"

A gender thing with you again. It is always men attacking women. Couldn't possibly be women attacking men could it. You are a women. You have made some posts attacking men, especially Nelson, calling him out specifically many times. You are making a statement here that you yourself are guilty of. You appear to really have an issue with the opposite gender. A lot of pent up hatred for men demonstrated in your posts. What happened for you to hate men as much as you seem to do?

mom: "You say this site is a counterbalance to the direction the city is going. Nice job.. Keep it up!! Your track record is amazing! LOLOlOLOL!"

It is rather apparent that the Journal only prints the city side of things and has never learned the art of objective journalism. The paper only reports one side of any issue related to city business. Their stories have a cheerleader, rah-rah mentality with an "only good news" perspective to them. They do not report negative information that would cause harm, embarrass, or do damage to the city theme, city leaders or city business. They are a PR tool for the city. Bought and paid for by city management enlisting only good news without reporting opposing ideas. The Journal only publishes the city side of things. The Journal use to have a forum but when some of the citizens started posting information the city didn't like, they removed the newspaper forum and many of those posters came to this site. They have done this for decades and has gotten worse when the Journal stopped it's objective hometown reporting policies. It is a fact that this site has discussions from both sides of the ledger as we are having now. What you find on this site would never be reported in the Journal. Too much negativity via truth here that the city leaders would not allow the Journal to print. Both sides (city supporters/city building personnel (Marcia Andrew, Marconi, Adkins, police chief) post/posted here as well as non-supporters) are presented here. Only one side is presented in the current Journal.

Again, I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year mom. We will just leave it in the disagreeable category for now while doing our best to be civil in our posts. Would you agree to that?

middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 11:14pm
Still no answers as to why the alley was paved? You’ve had quite some time to research a topic you were so passionate about. Or, have you researched it and now ,just like the main stream media, you’ve moved on to a new topic to demonize someone? Sooooo typical of this site.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2019 at 1:47pm
Damn, mom--looking for trouble or what?
The last prior post was 6 months ago!
You must miss mlover--why?
Too much wine & fun Saturday?
Be nice--be happy!

redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2019 at 3:54pm
 Its probably too much sh*tty downtown coffee.
Please excuse any grammar or spelling errors because I have better things to do and quite frankly do not care
redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2019 at 3:57pm
Who cares why it was paved. She is getting more taxpayer money anyway with the abatement her husband is getting. She also got money from her dad thru DMI. 

Seems she cant do much without a man. She should probably just stay at home and in her place.
Please excuse any grammar or spelling errors because I have better things to do and quite frankly do not care
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic