|City Council Meeting On August 2
|Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:46:30 PM - Middletown Ohio
MIDDLETOWN CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
TUESDAY, August 2, 2011
I. BUSINESS MEETING – 5:30 p.m. – COUNCIL CHAMBERS – LOWER LEVEL
1. MOMENT OF MEDITATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. ROLL CALL
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS
4. CITY MANAGER REPORTS
5. CONSENT AGENDA. . . Matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote of consent. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
(a) Approve: City Council Meeting Minutes July 19, 2011
(b) Receive and File Board/Commission Minutes:
Board of Zoning Appeals- May 4, 2011
Library Board of Trustees- May 17, June 21, 2011
Historic Commission- July 7, July 26, 2011
Middletown Public Housing Agency – July 19, 2011
6. MOTION AGENDA:
(a) To authorize the sale of City owned property on Garden Avenue.
(b) To authorize the sale of City owned property on Crawford Street.
7. COUNCIL COMMENTS
1. Resolution No. R2011-22, a resolution declaring it necessary to add decorative street lighting on South Main Street between First Avenue and Ninth Avenue, approving the plans, specifications, estimates of costs and profiles of the same. (Second Reading)
2. Ordinance No. O2011-32, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a second amendment to a contract with SK Construction Co. for repair of an interceptor sewer and declaring an emergency.
3. Fiscal Officer’s Certificate, Receive and File the Fiscal Officer’s Certificate in reference to the issuance and sale of $325,000 bonds in anticipation of the collection of special assessments heretofore levied, of the cost of repairing certain sidewalks, curbs, and gutters in the City of Middletown. The estimated period of usefulness of the improvement is five years and the maximum maturity of the bonds is five years.
4. Ordinance No. O2011-33, an ordinance providing for the issuance and sale of $321,191 bonds to pay the property owners portion, in anticipation of the collection of special assessments heretofore levied, of the cost of repairing certain sidewalks, curbs, and gutters in the City of Middletown, together with all necessary appurtenances and declaring an emergency.
5. Ordinance No. O2011-34, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing an amendment to a contract with Evans Landscaping for demolition and remediation of the Wrenn Papermill site and declaring an emergency.
6. Ordinance No. O2011-35, an ordinance enacting and adopting the 2010 supplement to the codified ordinances of the city of Middletown Ohio. (1st Reading)
7. Resolution No. R2011-23, a resolution endorsing the United Way’s Bold Goals for our region initiative. (1st Reading)