Premier Health’s mobile mammogram vehicle is again making stops in Southwest Ohio, offering traditional and advanced mammography services to those whose routine screening exams may have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Like all Premier Health care sites, the mobile mammography coach is utilizing strict cleaning and sanitation practices. All rooms and equipment are cleaned continually. All staff are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for hand hygiene and use of masks and additional personal protective equipment (PPE), as appropriate.
“Cancer does not take a break, no matter what is going on in the world,” says Rhonda Seidenschmidt, MBA, R.T. (R)(M), vice president of operations, at Atrium Medical Center. “Resuming mobile mammography services is important because early detection can save lives when it comes to a breast cancer diagnosis.”
Equipped with advanced imaging equipment, the coach offers traditional 2D and Genius™ 3D Mammography™ technology to detect breast cancer. It also offers private dressing rooms and an all-female staff.
Getting a mammogram in the mobile coach is easy and convenient. Women make an appointment and visit the coach at a location near them. No doctor’s order is needed for a screening mammogram for women age 40 and older. Images are reviewed by board-certified radiologists from Atrium Medical Center.
“If the coronavirus pandemic has put off your routine mammogram, I encourage you to reschedule soon,” says Seidenschmidt.
The mobile mammography coach is open for appointments on the following dates and times in May:
• Friday, May 15, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Atrium Medical Center Imaging, 4214 Grand Ave., Middletown, OH 45044;
• Monday, May 18, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Twin Valley Bank, 647 W. Main St., New Lebanon, OH 45345;
• Tuesday, May 19, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Miami County Internal Medicine, 2600 Mote Drive, Covington, OH 45318;
• Thursday, May 21, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Monroe Medical Center, 35 Overbrook Drive, Monroe, OH 45050;
• Friday, May 22, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Hazel Baker Snider Funeral Home, 5555 Philadelphia Drive, Dayton, OH 45415;
• Wednesday, May 27, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at SureCare Medical Center, 360 W. Central Ave., Springboro, OH 45066; and
• Friday, May 29, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Trenton Family Medicine, 3590 Busenbark Road, Trenton, OH 45067.
Financial assistance is available for patients who are underinsured or do not have medical insurance.
Women can schedule their mammogram on the mobile coach by calling (844) 453-4199. More information about the process and coach locations is available at www.PremierHealth.com/mammo.
Premier Health has been making it easier for busy women to get their annual screening mammogram since 2015 when it launched its mobile mammography service that travels to businesses and public venues like schools, churches and events throughout southwest Ohio. Since its launch, the mobile mammography service has conducted more than 6,000 screening mammograms at locations throughout Greater Cincinnati and Dayton.
Premier Health debuted a larger, upgraded coach in October 2019. The coach is operated by Atrium Medical Center.
Premier Health welcomes partnerships with area businesses and event organizers to bring the mobile mammography coach to their locations in the community. For more information, please call (513) 705-4794 or visit www.PremierHealth.com/mammo.
Genius 3D Mammography is a trademark of Hologic Inc.