FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Craft Beer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joshua View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craft Beer
    Posted: May 12 2016 at 1:34pm
I feel like craft beer is having a positive affect on the city of Middletown.  Within the last couple of years we've had the addition of places like Canal House and Murphy's landing where locals who enjoy good draft beer can congregate in a bar atmosphere downtown.  There is also Middletown Fine Wine and Spirits who has increased their beer selection tremendously within a couple of years and have also added a growler fill station to satisfy the fresh draft beer urge.  The guys in MFWS are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, which is why I have stopped shopping for craft in places like Dorothy Lane Market in Springboro or at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield.  It also appears as if we are getting our very own craft brewery later this year!  
I have lived in Middletown with my family for almost 14 years and have never been more excited or encouraged about my town as I have in the last couple of years.  A lot of this is directly related to the establishments that I have mentioned.  It's great to be able to go out in your own town and imbibe on quality beers with quality people in a quality atmosphere!   
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2016 at 10:05am
Agree Josh.  Additions have be nice (including several newer restaurants--Combs BBQ Central, Spinning Fork, Taku (soon) ) 

More on deck for downtown including a micro-distillery and By the Slice, a gourmet pizza and craft beer bar. 
Joshua View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2016 at 10:38am
I did not know that By the Slice was also into craft beer.  I'm very much looking forward to checking them out.  I think there was another place that was going to open on Central, "Central Tap and Pint" maybe?  I remember seeing the sign on the door/window.  These establishments will certainly make the DORA a nice addition to downtown!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic