FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pay In Hamilton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Pay In Hamilton
    Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 7:14am
Anybody read the article about the Butler Cty. Commissioners cutting the pay for two individuals in county government? When I read the specifics on their pay and the frequency in raises, I was- well- to use an acceptable word- "upset". Rhonda Freeze- Records Center manager began in 2004 at a salary of $62,638. Before this cut, she made $85,772. Campbell- ASSIST. HR Director-(you gotta be kidding me, another ASSIST Director-what a waste)- started in 2000 at $50,740. In just 9 years, she was making $92,771!!!! She received 14- that's 14 raises. I say again- 14 raises. That's an increase in her salary of over $40,000 in just 9 years!!! This is a blatant misuse of taxpayer money and always is concealed from the public as to amounts and frequencies of raises on a ongoing basis. The people in this chain of events from the immediate managers up to the top of the chain for approval of raises should be fired. They have used the unpoliced system in county government to steal from the taxpayers. This is criminal behavior. JMO    
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 7:23am

Agreed!!!

OF course I'm sure that Middletown's City Council will be putting themselves in for a raise!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 11:01am
I thought Rhonda Freeze was Mayor of Trenton, and has been for awhile? Isn't that a full time job?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 11:48am
Madison Mom
I believe she is still the mayor of Trenton.
I really do like the Archive and Records Center but I wouldn't think it would require this type of wage. 
http://www.butlercountyohio.org/records/
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 11:51am
VietVet you ask a good question. Government needs to shrink, either get rid of the department heads or the assistant. Generally the assistants do all the work anyway.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 12:06pm
I believe that the honorable Lawrence P. Mulligan Jr. as mayor of Middletown, also has a job outside of the mayorship. Doesn't appear to be full time. These Council/Mayor positions are just part time "hobby jobs" for these people to achieve local recognition, fraternize with the head cheeses within the community and to massage egos. Yes, Freeze is mayor of Trenton.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic