FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions About Mr. Mulligan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions About Mr. Mulligan
    Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 11:42am
Was reading the first few pages of the Codified Ordinances. Saw Larry Mulligan listed as the "Utilities Supervisor" in the Finance Department. Questions: Is this the same Mulligan as Mayor Mulligan? Second question: Exactly what would a "Utilities Supervisor" do in the Finance Department? Third question: If the same Mulligan, how is he able to do his mayor duties during working hours when on the clock as the "Utilities Supervisor" on taxpayer dollars for his salary? Now, you know me. I'm not trying to start any crap here. .... wait- yes I am!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 2:25pm
Interesting question. Do you think there is a conflict of interest with Mulligan and his 'listings'?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Was reading the first few pages of the Codified Ordinances. Saw Larry Mulligan listed as the "Utilities Supervisor" in the Finance Department. Questions: Is this the same Mulligan as Mayor Mulligan?
Vet: What section of the Codified Ordinances were you reading?  It would be highly unusual for someone to be listed by name in there, except at the very front, even before the index.  Regardless, Lawrence P. Mulligan, Sr. was once Utilities Supervisor for the City, but I believe that he is retired.

Second question: Exactly what would a "Utilities Supervisor" do in the Finance Department?
I cannot answer that.  What was the context?

Third question: If the same Mulligan, how is he able to do his mayor duties during working hours when on the clock as the "Utilities Supervisor" on taxpayer dollars for his salary? Now, you know me. I'm not trying to start any crap here. .... wait- yes I am!
If I am correct that this is the Mayor's father, then this would be a moot point.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 3:30pm
Mike- the name Larry Mulligan is listed within the first few pages of the Codified Ordinances. The name is listed in the Finance Section with the title "Utilities Supervisor" next to it. I think this is a recent document- 2007??? You're probably correct- It very well may be his father. Then out of curiosity, what does Mayor Mulligan do for a living and where does he work? I guess my point was- if he has a government position that is financed by the taxpayer, and he's out periodically doing "Mayor's stuff" during the day, how is the activity justified on work time when Mayor stuff is primarily done with Council after working hours??? Just curious how that's handled. Not a big deal.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 8:14pm

Mike- the name Larry Mulligan is listed within the first few pages of the Codified Ordinances. The name is listed in the Finance Section with the title "Utilities Supervisor" next to it. I think this is a recent document- 2007??? You're probably correct- It very well may be his father.
Yes, It is his father--plain ol' "Larry"!  You might notice that our current Mayor, Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr., is listed just above as one of the 2007 City Council members.  I have no idea why the "Utilities Supervisor" is listed under the "Finance" section.  One would think he would fall under "Public Services".  I can't help you on that.

Then out of curiosity, what does Mayor Mulligan do for a living and where does he work? I guess my point was- if he has a government position that is financed by the taxpayer, and he's out periodically doing "Mayor's stuff" during the day, how is the activity justified on work time when Mayor stuff is primarily done with Council after working hours??? Just curious how that's handled. Not a big deal.
Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr. is a Vice-President of a Financial institution, if I am not mistaken.  That was one of his selling points during his mayoral campaign, his financial background would help us get the City's finances straightened out.

It was one of the reasons that YOU voted for him, remember??  LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic