FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someones Dippin' In The Till

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someones Dippin' In The Till
    Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 6:42am
WLW reported this morning that the gate receipts at the Middie football and basketball games are far lower than the amount of spectators who were at the games. For example- the Colerain football game. There was an estimated 7000 people at that game but the gate receipts were only around $2500 bucks or so. Same goes for the basketball games as there were full houses at certain games but the gate receipts fell far short of the people paying. Police are now involved according to the story this morning. Who's stealing from the schools? The suspense is mounting!!!!
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 9:32am
They were taking more than half. I'd say they will found out who it was pretty easily, since it was obviously a ticket taker that is stealing it. 
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 3:11pm
Too many freebie tickets. Teachers, people who have athletes playing, all getting in free??? Why? They should pay for a ticket like all us commoners have to. If you can't afford a $5 ticket, you probably shouldn't be going anyway. It's been months since the Colerain game and they're just now seeing a shortage in gate receipts???? Does it take that long to count the money for the sports program? Who's the financial person charged with handling the sports department's money?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 7:52pm
wth?
all of the shady nonsense going on around here, and THIS is the story that makes every news media non-stop?

I went to the games in question.
No way there were 7ooo people at the Colerain game. Half at the most.
Probably many had freebies Lucas night.
Many on our side have season tickets.
Taking tickets is not a high-security priority, since we used to have no fans.
Still interesting though.
I doubt that anyone made off with a lot of $$$, but it still doesn't add up either.
lol--I definitely paid my way, though I have forgotten my tickets b4 and have been let in.

The media attention blows my mind.
Maybe the I-team will come down, then we can get their attention for other matters.

That little squirrelly guy from channel 9 came to see me once. I didn't tell him what he wanted to hear, so he blew me off and left. Deb Silversomething was extremely nice, paid close attention, asked good ?s and is a babe. John Lomax is very good,polite and a naturally nice guy.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 8:12pm

SpiderJohn -

Why doesn[t the local news media focus on the real issues afflicting our community?  What's behind this?

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 8:33pm
Because for people who don't live here, Middletown is a non-issue, a blip along I-75 where you can't even get off the Interstate and buy gas.  Middletown has become insignificant to many, if not most other City's here unless it has to do with Section 8 or housing for the less fortunate.  Keep it in Middletown and not in my neighborhood.

Can't say Middletown didn't earn this Reputation because they did and they sure do little to nothing to dispel the bad rep they have.

For 5 years now I have heard the Middletown Mantra of we are a Great City and Council slapping each other on the back over the Parks and the.............but you know what nothing has changed in 5 years it has only gotten worse and anyone who says different is full of it.

Middletown the City of Little ideas and even littler action.  It is truly a sad state of affairs.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 8:49pm
Pacman -

Keep up the good fight!  Hopefully, more like minded citizens will join the cause and work to remove the power brokers from our community!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic