FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price Has Applied for the Beavercreek Job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price Has Applied for the Beavercreek Job
    Posted: May 01 2009 at 12:07pm
Dr. Steve has applied for the Beavercreek soupy position. I guess the question is- what hasn't Stevie applied for to leave the wreakage he has created here in Middletown? The school board has put new parameters to perform on Stevie and he's feelin' the pressure! Beavercreek schools are rated as Excellent meeting 29 of 30 indicators. If Price gets the job, how long do you think it will take for him to dismantle the excellence and have them performing at the "continuous improvement" level? This guy wants outta here badly! You go Stevie- Pleeezzzz just go. Can we drive you somewhere (anywhere) out of town? Unfortnately, his reputation must precede him as he is o for 2 getting out of town. Worse yet- we may never get rid of him!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 8:35pm
You are right Vet. He will stll be here. Beavercreek is not a district where he can get on his diversity high horse. Creek it is not like us, it is mostly white!Wink
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 4:46pm
So did he get the job at Beavercreek or what?
AK - What is going on with that?
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 9:58pm
If I remember right, they will be making a decision in June.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 11:03am
When will the school board start the superintendent search to replace Dr. Price? After he is gone? Heck if I had an employee that was applying for a new job in a very public way, I would indeed be looking for a replacement BEFORE he or she is gone.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 12:44pm
John- a very logical and practical approach for a replacement to an employee that may be leaving. Unfortunately, I have seen no indication that the current sitting school board thinks that far ahead and is more reactive to a given situation than proactive. Either they secretly have a feeling that he won't be leaving for awhile as his credentials won't impress most school districts, they haven't made up their minds as to what they are looking for in the next superintendent or they don't think that they can lure a new super to the district without a major snow job because the current health of the district may be harder to fix than the current economy. How sad if true. jmo
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:06pm
Good thoughts VietVet. Dr. Price is a hard man to work with. He never grants an interview and despite being friendly on the surface when I meet him in public, his reputation is one of 'my way or the highway.'  Results in the Middletown school district have been disappointing despite the huge TAX INCREASE we have suffered through. (Our tax on the building here at MUSA has gone up over $10k per year since he took over, mostly due to the new school buildings).

If you want economic development, you need good schools with improving results. In the name of diversity, they have pussyfooted around real efforts for improving academic achievements.

The biggest problem I see is no one wants to run for the school board. Our current SB president wasn't even elected. He was appointed and then voted by the board to be president.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 5:06pm
If he does get the Beavercreek job, they will most likely appoint a temporary super. Then do the job search themselves or use an outside agency.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 7:45pm
John- I agree. Dr. Price is now a man under siege. After all these years, perhaps even his most staunch supporters are wavering. I can certainly attest to your statement about "my way or the highway" I've told this story before here I think. Years ago, my wife and I went to a levy session at the Seniors Center when it was downtown next to the city building. After Price gave his opening remarks, he opened the floor for comments. The levy supporters were sitting on one side of the room and we were on the other. I took along some proficiency test score comparisons from districts around the area. It showed, once again, that Midd. was on the bottom in every category by a significant percentage. I compared this school system to a poor performing company that had high costs, low quality, unhappy customers, losing money and making the shareholders very unhappy. The good doctor said he disagreed with the comparison and "didn't see it that way" in a very defensive posture. The man can't be talked to or reasoned with, even using data for support, and, he refuses to acknowledge continual problems and address them. Price is like this city government- he won't face the fact that he has a problem. To fix any problem, they both must admit that they have them. If not, problem solving goes no further. Why is so hard to admit that one has shortcomings when they are in high profile positions of authority? Public respect would surface if the person would just tell it like it is and make an attempt to fix it while keeping the public informed of the progress. We just can't seem to get those types of people into key positions anymore. jmo
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 10:19pm
If everything is so wonderful in the MCSD why has the MCSD removed the report cards from each school on the MCSD website. If they are there I sure can't find them.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 6:25am
The latest round of test scores and ratings seem to have been buried very quietly.
Probably wouldn't help Dr.Price in being hired elsewhere, and I assume that would be the wish of the school board also.

I felt the same way about Rev.Tyus' status as a member and board leader.
HOWEVER---if you know or follow the personalities of these individuals, the Rev. is the most vocal, most visible, most approachable, and WILL answer your ?s and engage in real conversation. He is probably the best suited for his position.

I honestly have no issues with the way he operates.

Will we have any opposition candidates come November?
Seems awfully quiet.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 6:32am
"is the most vocal" sorry Spider but have to disagree with this one.  No one beats out, "I never miss a chance for a comment" Katie Big%20smile as far as being vocal.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

If everything is so wonderful in the MCSD why has the MCSD removed the report cards from each school on the MCSD website. If they are there I sure can't find them.
I guess this means that it's time for Price and the BoE to tell us how open, transparent, and communicative they are once again!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 9:30am
well pacman--I am probably out in public more often than you might be, so I run into these board members occasionally.

I see Ms.McNeil, and she is always sincerely cordial, however we have never discussed school issues.
I see Mr.Fiora and and Mr.Sauter occasionally also. Mr.Fiora always asks my opinion on how they are doing and my concerns, and when I encounter Mr.Sauter, we often have good open discussion on pretty much anything.
I am comfortable around Rev.Tyus, and he seems comfortable around me, as we frequent many gatherings and activities. I find him to be very open and honest. Pretty much all that I can ask of him.
I do not know Ms.Andrew at all.

So pac--who do you(or anyone else) see as the best fit to lead the school board?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:22am
I am only going by seeing Ms McNeil on TV Spider.  I am just not the Social Butterfly of Public Events that you are.....Big%20smile.  I'd give it to Fiora.

Thomas Jefferson
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:31am
This is just my opinion. I believe that the BOE should have term limits. 2 terms max. I also believe that if you are on the board you should have children in school. That way you as a board member can be in touch with what is happening. The question has been asked who is willing to run. I think that young parents who have a vision and an expectation for their childs education should be encouraged to run. I oldest son teaches in a district that is rated as excellent. Their board is made up up of young parents. These folks don't mess around when it comes to their childrens education.

Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with those of us that are more mature. I feel when it comes to a BOE the younger folks may be better suited. They are the ones that will have kids in school for a much longer time.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 7:25am
Just as a follow-up. Anyone heard anything about Dr. Steve and the Beavercreek position or did I miss the announcement?
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:23pm
No news means he didn't get the job. 
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic