FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown's Red Light Cameras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown's Red Light Cameras
    Posted: May 14 2009 at 9:44am
On May 17, 2009 Middletown will once again enforce its red light cameras. The safety system is currently being used, but only warning citations are being issued till the 17th of this month. The fine will be $100.

Read The Full Story at Middletown's Red Light Cameras
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 1:43pm
I'm divided on the red light camera issue. I do not like the idea of possibly getting a ticket in the mail from faulty equipment,secondly when one goes to court how can the red light appear & be your accuser ? If I get my camera sanctioned by city police can I take photo's and accuse people of wrong doing ? I see this as income only for the city.

On the other hand I have seen it slow cars down and approach red lights with caution,so that part is good and I'm all for that.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 1:53pm
I have no problem with Giving tickets at Red Lights.  But the City complains about not having enough Police to watch intersections, I'll tell you what they have enough to have one camped out almost daily behind Sav-a-lot watching Elliott and Grand Intersection or Elliott and Marie not sure which.  Now if they take the trouble intersections and move that Officer to them rotating daily hey write all the tickets you want.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 2:14pm
The timing on some of the traffic lights in town leave alot to be desired. There are lights that are green- turn yellow for what seems like a second or two and quickly to red. If you are approaching an intersection on a green light and it changes to yellow, you can't even clear the intersection before turning to red. The Sav-a lot cop is probably there to provide extra protection for the Brink's truck that hauls all the cash from that store on a daily basis. Right Spider? When not providing security for the Brinks truck, the cop is monitoring the green portapotty at Jacot Park. Don't want any more of that portapotty tipping going on.    Might project a poor image for our town, don't ya know. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO IN NOVEMBER!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 2:19pm
You are probably right Vet.  They are taking pictures of Vehicle license plates of those drivers that stop to use that Port-o-Potty and then going to send them a bill for using it.   Hmmmmmmm  I wonder if it is $100.00 a crack, to use it.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 4:39pm
$100 a "CRACK"???

BWA HA HA HA!!LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:50pm
The red light cameras are just for safety. That is why they reset the timing shorter than is legal in Ohio. That is why they sent a ticket to the Madison Life Squad. That is why they ticketed people that got stopped at the lights. When the innocent took a day off work to contest the ticket, they were forced to pay the $100 fine and return another day for a hearing. After missing two days of work and winning their case , they still had to pay $60 court cost. So if you do nothing wrong, you lose two days of work and have to pay $60 court cost. It's all about safety!
Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:28am
I'm so glad to read of your timely and right on the mark comments about Silly (City) Hall in beautiful downtown Middletown.  Keep the comments coming Mr. Kidd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic