FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City Manager on Vault Renno or Destruction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 11:43am
"there are greater priorities in the community for $60-80,000"  I would love to know where that money will be spent?  Of course  "she " didn't ask for donations from companies in town.  I am sure the could use some of that money they will be spending for all those new police cars to repair the vault. They could at least begin the project.  That vault is a part of the history in this town and the City is just willing to demolish it with out a second thought.   God I love this town    Thumbs%20Down
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 11:34am
Did Gilleland ask for donations from the citizens or companies in town? Did she really make an effort at all or was all of this just city lip service to appease the folks that wanted the vault restored? They had it predetermined to demolish the vault from the outset. Greater priorities in the community? How would the people in city hall possibly know that? They haven't demonstrated proper prioritizing in years. This is a "let's shelve this whole bothersome pest of a problem " statement made here. "We will store the stone on site and use it for decorative purposes"- (around all the HUD houses). Getting pretty tired of these people. LET"S CLEAN COUNCIL/SCHOOL BOARD OUT IN NOVEMBER! THEN, CLEAN THE CITY BUILDING OUT IN DECEMBER.   
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 11:05am
Taken from the City Managers Report

From our research, it appears that the renovation of the vault is still going to be in the neighborhood of $60- 80,000; well above the $22,000 budget.  I’m awaiting final word from another contractor, but it appears that we will be demolishing the structure.  We will store the stone on site and use it for decorative purposes.  Demolition is not our preference, but there are greater priorities in the community for $60-80,000

View The Full May 24, 2009 Middletown City Mangers Report
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic