FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School drops Franklin land transfer case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School drops Franklin land transfer case
    Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 3:50pm
Finally some common sense, Middletown School Board President Gregory Tyus will not file a hearing after losing a second appeal.

Middletown already spent $181K and Franklin spent $101K.

This makes me scratch my head and say

duhhhhh....

Glad to see Price is no longer involved in this one, hes already cost the local areas schools a quarter of a million bucks. It was like transfering money from the schools to the lawyers. Thanks for negative something, which is worse than saying thanks for nothing.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 4:36pm
Kudos to Rev Tyus for getting Middletown out of this mess. What a mistake.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

Kudos to Rev Tyus for getting Middletown out of this mess. What a mistake.

I don't think Tyus had anything to do with stopping it,they lost the last appeal so decided to pull up stakes and run. You can only lose so many times and the school board lost every ruling by the courts.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 7:49pm
Tyus and the rest of the school board went along with Price on this land grab for years and through many appeals. Now, with Price gone, those same board members are putting a stop to the appeals. Perhaps instead of giving Tyus and this school board a pat on the back for finally making the right decision, we need to ask why it took so long to finally find your backbone now that Price isn't around to imitimidate you. It isn't just coincidence that they stopped the appeals when Price left, is it? Or is it?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 8:34pm
Wasn't the so-called "Middletown Promise" part of the case that the MCSD was trying to make?  I wonder if Franklin's attornies pointed out that this was actually more of a "Middletown wish" with no basis in reality.
Isn't it strange that this year's MHS grads were being steered towards the "Toledo promise" and I have not heard of even ONE case of the "Middletown Promise" being fullfilled.  Has anyone else???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:56pm
Mike....I think the "Middletown Promise" died as the economy tanked. Seems that everyone but Price could recognize this.
  This "Price-a-thon" has only cost us taxpayers about $181k +. SO FAR!! I think we can feel fairly confident we'll be paying his salary for another full year! Hope I'm wrong.
  Guess we should thank Venturella for this adventure. Angry
     The "Price-a-thon" continues!!!!!!!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 12:22am
Vet asks, "we need to ask why it took so long to finally find your backbone now that Price isn't around to imitimidate you?"

Maybe Tyus can take some credit for this. After all, he wasn't involved when this all started. He inherited this legal mess.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic