FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incumbants To Be Challenged

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incumbants To Be Challenged
    Posted: Jul 16 2009 at 11:34am
Looks like there will be a challenger to Armbruster in the 1st Ward. Gary Barge has taken out a petition. Hopefully, the folks in the 1st Ward will give him a chance that will result in a pleasant change for the 1st Ward. Let's support Josh Laubach (sp?) as opposed to Marconi in the 3rd Ward. Replace the professional talker with new blood there. Schiavone will no longer be an issue as we'll get someone new for the 4th Ward. That's promising. And , in the 2nd Ward, the folks can leave Ford behind by electing AJ Smith or John Soppanish for some new ideas. Perhaps this time, the voters will wake up and shake things up a little. Next up- the at-large purge. Then, long term, a good city building cleanout would be beneficial with the city manager leading the convoy out of town.
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2009 at 12:33pm
Suggestion to all: There is too much emphasis on replacing six people on council, than taking back the city from its path to destruction. Replacing council with more poor council member is ineffective. That's not to say replacing incumbants isn't approropriate; it is, but why wait for an election of 6 to alter events which are occurring?

What are the top 3-4 occurrences which need to be addressed immediately? Well, I would think tracking down funds some allege have been moved out of a dedicayted fund to the general fund. Next...is it roads, they need to be repaired? If so, how is that done? Change the ordinance back to where it was- check. Then is it section 8 as some opine? Isn't that an outcome of the city leaders allowing so much to come in, to make the 10% administrative fee? If so, how is that changed, and what are its conseqwuences? Is section 8 pulling down the school results---beats me, I just know they are bad. Next, what about the city leadership and performance, where is it worse- is it in development? If so, why wait for a band of council member to address that, petition the signatures to alter the city structure, replace those who the city won't replace. What's the next top of mine issue---property values? What's the city plan to turn that around? Is the key Mr. Adkins? I don't know. But I do know too much time is put on focusing on council changes, when Middletown's problems are substantially greater and can't wait for a settling in a year from now.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic