FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topless French Beaches No More?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topless French Beaches No More?
    Posted: Aug 05 2009 at 12:06pm
Warning: Adult Link

I suspect that many women were never comfortable with the topless fashion even though they practiced it. As a man, I always found it unnerving. The pretense was that the monokini was not a sexual display. You were supposed to act as thought you didn't notice that the mother of your son's friend, with whom you usually shook hands politely at the school gate, just happened to be naked from the waist up (to mention an episode I remember from the 1990s).

Jean-Claude Kauffman, a sociologist, defined this the other day: "The male on the beach was required to have a completely blank expression, a display of lack of interest, navigating around the beachscape without avoiding the naked breasts nor staring at them." The demise of the monokini fashion was put down to a return to modesty.

I'd say it was more a return to common sense.

Full Naked Truth
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2009 at 12:44pm
What I can never figure out about women is they want to do this,be on a beach half naked or walk around the mall with no bra and a see through shirt or a mini-skirt and then just dare some guy to look at them. If they don't want the attention then don't do it !!! It's plain,simple uncomplicated. If we do look then we are perverts and dirty ole men who should be locked up and charged with who knows what.

We taught our daughter from an early age about respect. Respect for herself and others. To this day,and she is 35 years old,will not wear a bikini,a short skirt or anything see through. (That I know of or when she is around my wife and I LOL)
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2009 at 2:08pm
I will take the opposing viewpoint.

I encourage all young ladies to wear monokinis, after all who needs common sense all the time.

Heck if common sense was important, we would never have waisted the tax payers money on TARP, Bailouts and Rebates.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic