Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - City of Middletown: Current and Recent Nepotism??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City of Middletown: Current and Recent Nepotism??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City of Middletown: Current and Recent Nepotism??
    Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 1:20pm
Recent news stories about Butler County Commissioners remain in the news.  What about current and recent examples of NEPOTISM involving the City of Middletown too!  There are a couple of interesting examples awaiting public exposure.  Where are you Eddie Richter when we once again need you?  Investigative reporting can be enlightening!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 4:48pm
You might want to look at an early 2008 hiring in the Planning Department for starters??
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 5:26pm
A second example of spousal nepotism involves another senior City of Middtown staff member.  In January of 2007 I participated in NEW EMPLOYEE ORIETATION with the spouse of this prominent employee.

Challenge to Eddie Richter - Will you investigate these matters like your cohorts have done with Butler County Commissioners?  If not, why not?

We need transparency in city governance.

Citizens unite!
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 5:36pm
Is nepotism illegal at the City level?  Across all Government sectors?  I think this issue was brought up before on Middletown.com.   I know there are several family members in the police department.  Not sure about other departments
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 6:54pm
Should a spouse or other family member be ENTITLED to a City position without a fair and impartial recruitment process?  What say you?  In my case I flew to Middletown twice for my interview and pre-employment physical.  Then, I made the move here.  All told, I spent nearly $3,000 on air fare, car rental, lodging, food and moving expenses before earning one cent in salary.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 7:19pm
Nelson, you raise a good point if this is a full time job/appointment.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Virtus View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virtus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:49pm

Don't you know that they have circumvented traditional nepotism and used the I'll get you hired as I go out the door plan.....

Virtus - Holding out hope for Middletown.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:58pm
What I have learned, most people only care if it isn't them that was hired.  What bothers me is the hiring person knows who they are going to hire, makes all the candidates jump through the hoops because the system says they have to.  Everyone's time is completely wasted. 
The hired person should also be the best candidate or atleast one of the top candidates.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:59pm
Is there really a difference between getting your buddy hired vs. a relative?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 11:21pm
All that I know is....................I was hired as the result of a nationwide search.  I went through a background check (criminal, work history and credit).  My educational and work credentials exceeded all requirements for my former job. WinkWink

Some of the recent moves of senior City staff has required the newly assigned personnel to undergo a crash course in HUD rules and regulations.  There are numerous tire tracks on I-75 and I-40 leading from Middletown to the HUD Columbus Field Office to prove my point. LOLLOL

What level of expertise do these new EXPERTS have in real estate, mortgage finance, land use plannning, residential new construction and rehabilitation/restoration, etc.? ConfusedConfused

And by the way, my starting salary was in the low $50,000 range and did not top $58,000 upon my forced departure.  I am proud to say that as the Community Development Administrator my salary was never high enough to be listed on the Middletown Journal.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic