FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On A Lighter Note

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On A Lighter Note
    Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 9:31am
Noticed on Saturday morning while heading to Rt. 25 on Manchester by Speedway, there was a Middletown cop sitting in the open field/ turn-in by Sawyer Mills facing west toward Middletown. Just sitting- not doing anything in particular. Out of the city limits.

This morning, about 5:20AM, on my way to work at WPAFB, I saw another Middletown cruiser coming out of a driveway on Rt. 25 as I was heading to Franklin to catch 123 out to I-75 north. Out of the city limits.Followed the cruiser to Rt.73/Rt.25 intersection in Franklin and as I turned right to go to Rt.123, the cruiser turned left to go Rt.73 back toward Middletown.

Just out of curiosity, probably no big deal, but--- wonder what gives here?

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 9:41am
Vet parts of that area are in Middletown.  You all have a really screwed up boundary system between Middletown and Franklin for the life of me I can't figure out how you can draw boundaries the way you all have.  You have small patches of Franklin completely surrounded by Middletown.  What did you all toss darts at a board and claim them for Franklin or Middletown?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 9:43am
They may still be scouting the area for the Board of Education!! LOL
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 9:56am
Oops! Forgot, Price is somewhat gone along with OUR tax dollars! Ouch
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 10:12am
Pac- Sign on Manchester heading west indicates Middletown's city limits ends at the western end of that newer Cristo subdivision on Manchester. The cruiser was parked a quarter of a mile up the road(east) from that point. If looking for speeders on Manchester, the cop would have to catch them coming OUT of Middletown and pulled them over outside their jurisdiction. Just curious. Have seen plenty of Franklin cops sitting and cruising Rt.25 between Middletown and Franklin as it is a 35 MPH speedtrap along there. The Franklin cops like to sit at that church on the right as you head toward Franklin or back in where that water derrick sits.

By the way- talking about Rt. 25- that's a state highway. Does Franklin have the right to determine state highway speed limits even though the highway is within Franklin's city limits? Does their 35 MPH speed limit override the state's normal 50 MPH limit? Just wondering how a city level law can override a state law? Any legal eagles out there?

The screwed up boundries- probably blame it on annexations over the years caused by Middletown's land grabs.
thoroughman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thoroughman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 10:15am
I think when a when a state hwy such as that goes through a city area where people reside. That the city has a right to set safe speed limits to protect the people of that city. I do think that is allowed.
Jesus move in our city like never before seen!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 10:36am
http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/council/2008councilward.pdf

Check out the ward map and you will see what I mean, you will see pockets of Franklin off of Manchester.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 11:20am
That is one reason the I-75 Manchester Road interchange would be so hard. not all the land is middletown's 
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic