FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS and Sheriff Arpaio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS and Sheriff Arpaio
    Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 12:08pm

DHS strips Arizona sheriff of authority to patrol for illegal immigrants

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he will continue his controversial "crime suppression operations" despite a Department of Homeland Security decision to strip him of authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants based solely on their immigration status, the East Valley Tribune reports.

“It’s all politics,” says Arpaio, sheriff of Maricopa County.

Arpaio will still have the power to check the immigration status of people booked by his officers, but not the authority to conduct street patrols looking for illegal immigrants.

His “crime suppression operations” are saturation patrols in designated areas where deputies would find illegal immigrants by stopping them for traffic infractions and minor violations, the paper says.

The department of Justice and other federal agencies are investigating the sheriff’s office on accusations of racial profiling during the operations, the paper says.

Arpaio said he will be able to still conduct the crime sweeps under state human smuggling laws and an obscure federal law that allows local police to arrest illegal immigrants.

A spokesman for the Phoenix office of ICE declined to comment until after pending agreements with the country are signed.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:08pm
Do people want the illegals taken care of or not? Is the Homeland Security Department going to do their job or not? Let the man police these illegals particularly in a border state. IMO, we need more people like Arpaio and Jones and we need for the paper shufflers in the federal government to stay out of their business if they insist on being part of the problem and not help in the solution. Another classic example of the feds sticking their nose in the locals business.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:12pm

NOT!

And the whole wacky part of this is that the Head of DHS use to be the Govenor of Arizona.  Nothing will be done by the Obama regime until he gets amnesty for all illegals.Thumbs%20Down
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:26pm
Amnesty for illegals? Wrong!!!!!! Optimal word here is ILLEGAL meaning having no rights- Illegal meaning not able to participate in activities lawfully -Illegal meaning one who tries to violate the rules of the game/system. Obama is wrong and if he is supporting the illegals, he is going against the majorities wishes I would think. As for the Head of DHS being the Gov. of Arizona- if he saw the illegals being trucked into Tucson like we did living out there, he would have a clue what was going on also. They both want to hand the illegals unearned rights on a silver platter. Damn bleeding heart LIBERALS!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:54pm
Look at the real issue of illegals,it's not about rights or healthcare,it's all about CHEAP LABOR. Bush jr. even made the statement some years back that the illegals would do jobs that Americans won't do and do them CHEAPER. Why do you think the government wants to give them healthcare ? You have to keep the slaves healthy if your going to work them to death. Illegals or even if they are legal will work circles around most American workers. But the illegals are living 20 people to a house or apartment and sharing expenses where Americans can't do that. Plus by flooding the U.S. with immigrants,legal or otherwise,it gets the American people use to seeing them then when the NAU goes into effect it won't be such a shock to Americans. (In case no one is aware NAU stands for=North American Union)

And if NONE of what I'm saying here is valid,then what other reason could there be ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 3:06pm
Here is a website I just came across if no one else is aware of it concerning the immigration issues.

Richard Jones even has a comment or two on this site.

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Amnesty for illegals? Wrong!!!!!! Optimal word here is ILLEGAL meaning having no rights- Illegal meaning not able to participate in activities lawfully -Illegal meaning one who tries to violate the rules of the game/system. Obama is wrong and if he is supporting the illegals, he is going against the majorities wishes I would think. As for the Head of DHS being the Gov. of Arizona- if he saw the illegals being trucked into Tucson like we did living out there, he would have a clue what was going on also. They both want to hand the illegals unearned rights on a silver platter. Damn bleeding heart LIBERALS!
Vet, my CONSERVATIVE brother!!! Hug
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 7:47am
Oh Mike- that "conservative brother thing is a killer!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:34am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Vet:  Read what you wrote again!!!  It is 180 degrees OPPOSITE of the liberal Democratic position on this issue.  If I keep working on you, pretty soon you'll be in favor of the right to bear arms!!!  Big%20smile

I keep saying that you may be a Democrat, but you are almost as conservative as I am.  That's why I like you, my CONSERVATIVE BROTHER!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:50am
Whoops! A little late on the right to bear arms thing Mike. Have owned an AK47, a Glock .40 cal and a 12 gauge shotgun for years. I'm all for gun ownership and invite all would be thieves to enter my home if they feel "adventureous". Haven't taken target practice for awhile. Just kidding------ maybe.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 1:57pm
Vet: Don't worry!!!  Your secrets are safe with me.  I won't tell any of your Democratic friends about your CONSERVATIVE views on illegal aliens, or the 2nd amendment, or d
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 2:28am
These are two top sites to educate ones self about illegal immigrants and our Governments refusal to enforce our immigration laws.I urge you all to stop by and have a look.

www.alipac.us  this site has all kinds of news articles and information about the subject of illegal immigration.

www.numbersusa.com  this site also has lots of interesting facts about illegal immigration and allows you to send free faxes to your favorite politicians in Washington D.C.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=numbersusa&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f  if you have time watch this film about immigration by Roy Beck of Numbersusa,it will shock you.The video is called immigration by the numbers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic