FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Section 8 Housing Inspections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Section 8 Housing Inspections
    Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 8:53am
Taken from the October 19, City Managers Report

Section 8 Housing Inspections

We have the contract with the Inspection Group to conduct the Section 8 Inspections on Tuesday’s agenda. As you may recall, two of the items that we wanted to make more robust with the new CONSOC contract were Housing Quality Inspections (HQS) and the Criminal background checks. We lowered the amount of the contract with CONSOC so that we could contract out separately for the HQS. Doug Adkins has been working on the contract with the Inspection Group. Our targeted start date is November 1. Unfortunately, the contract negotiations took longer than anticipated and we will not be able to begin the work on November 1 unless this is passed by emergency. While we would like to get started as soon as possible with the new vendor, if council would like to have 2 readings on this ordinance, we can work with the vendor on a monthly basis, or continue in the current arrangement with CONSOC to fill in the gaps until the contract is passed.

To view the full report click here

October 18, 2009 Middletown City Manager's Weekly Update To City Council
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 2:33pm

Am I missing something ? I still don't know why Consoc isn't doing inspections and background checks. Is it the price ? Does Consoc want more money to do what they should be doing in the first place ?

Gilleland says "We lowered the amount of the contract with CONSOC so that we could contract out separately for the HQS." Whats the price difference between Consoc and the other company ? What am I missing ?? Confused
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 2:45pm
Hermes I am pretty sure it was done this way because the city wanted more control over the Section 8 process.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic