FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BULLETIN!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BULLETIN!
    Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 8:53pm
I've finally contacted our friend VietVet!!!

His wife had a serious stroke on Thursday, Cotober 22.  She has been in ICU at Atrium since then, but has much improved (Clap Thumbs%20Up) and will be moving to a regular room tomorrow.  There is significant impairment of her left side It is improving and although she faces a long course of physical therapy, the outlook for further improvement is encouraging. Clap Thumbs%20Up

All that can be done, is being done right now, but I assured Vet of our concern here on MiddletownUSA.com and that he and his wife would be in our Hearts and thoughts!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 9:33pm

I'm glad you found Vet but I sure hate to hear that about his wife. I do hope she will improve quickly.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 9:57pm
I am very sorry to hear about Vet's wife I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 11:04pm
Sorry to hear that. I might have passed him on my way to see my mom. She was transferred to Mt. Pleasant on Oct 23.

VietVet, Atrium has WiFi. I have used it since August there while my mom was a patient. Someone needs to let him know. Having a laptop while you're at Atrium, truly helps pass the time and stay updated on business, etc.

If she need nursing home rehabilitation, I recommend Mt. Pleasant. My advice is to start contacting early. I was lucky to get a room for my mom. They had one room available the day before she was released. Her doctor had to abide by my mom's wishes to be transferred there.

Good Luck.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 6:42am
Vet,
     Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. When you are able pleasegive me a call. I need to talk with you about something related to your wife's condition.
      Thank you.
       Paul Nagy
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 7:30am
Hi folks!- Sorry I've been away. My son and I returned home from work on 10/22/09- he from Hamilton and I from Wright-Patt and found her on the floor in the family room, unable to move to get to a 911 call. The squad took her to the emergency room where a neurologist examined here and said it didn't look good, that she had a major stoke. Blood clot broke loose and went to the right side of her brain. Some bleeding and swelling. Taken to ICU and given treatment for the swelling. She had lost her speech for a few days, started incoherent "mumbling" and now can speak where you can understand her. They had her on tube feeding as there was a choke hazard if eating by mouth. Speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy has been and will be working with her for the next 4 to 6 weeks at Atrium. (She is scheduled to move from ICU to the 5th floor Rehab today). She will then be evaluated and will hopefully get to come home by then. My son usually works days but some nights on his job. I work all days and my son's wife will be there full time with her during the day. We will all get some training to handle her day to day needs around the house. She has Medicare/Social Security Disability and is probably going to be qualified to get a "hover-around" chair if she is still unable to walk. We also plan to get her one of those "around the neck alert" buttons.(Wish she had one on the 22nd!) In the meantime, she was handling all the finances so I had to take over paying the bills. Got my own little system to handle those.

I want you all to know that the RN's/ doctors, rehab personel and support staff were all fantastic during this ordeal. Any negative things that I have heard in the past, I have experienced none of. A great hospital so far!

I will be monitoring this site periodically, but won't be able to participate for awhile. My life has changed and I will be making some adjustments. Keep up the good fight and we will do the same for my wife here at home.

God Bless All Of You for caring.

Vet.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 8:29am
Hey Vet--all the best to your wife,family and yourself.
Glad to hear about your positive hospital experience.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 9:16am
Vet...Hope your wife improves daily
Best wishes to your family.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 9:40am
Get Well Mrs. Vet!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 11:41am
Vet
You and your wife will be in our prayers.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 11:41am
Vet - you, your wife and your family will be in my prayers.  It is really great that she is improving!!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 11:50am
Prayers go out to you and the Misses.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic