FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm moving to Oxford !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm moving to Oxford !!
    Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 3:35pm
Folks I just read the headline of the century,

Fate of chickens in the city decided in Oxford.

Oxford city council voted and the good people of that nearby city will be allowed to keep & raise 6 chickens per household !!! Now folks thats what I'm talking about ! That is the American way and it's as old as the country itself. Which president was it that said a new car in every garage and a bag of pot for every American or something like that. He mentioned something too about chickens. Just think friends,if your a resident of Oxford waking every morning to a pot of coffee and fresh eggs !! You can't get no more American than that friends !

So I ask,why can't we get some chickens in Middeltown ? Friend wouldn't you like to get your eggs as fresh as the morning dew ? I'm excited about this prospect and you should be too friends !! Big%20smile
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 3:55pm

Ah Hermes
I remember that we had a large number of poltry in our neighborhood.
Granny Savarda lived in the grey house now located at the corner of 14th and
Yankee Road
and she had chickens, duck and geese. She then used the poo-poo on the large vegetable gardens that she had out back. Oh, she also had Guinea Hens.
Nothing like really fresh eggs for breakfast.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:06pm
Vivian - I'm just a simple man who enjoy's the simple thing's in life.

If the drug dealer intervention works for the city maybe we can replace drug dealers with chicken dealers. A chicken dealer on every street corner. I think it could work ! LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:35pm
In my very early days (during my first childhood) when we lived next door to the Meadowlawn Cafe, we raised rabbits and sold worms.  I can't remember having raising any kind of poultry, but I distinctly remember often watching headless fowl running around the yard, and shortly thereafter helping to pluck the pin feathers.  Someone in the neighborhood must've raised chickens.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:36pm
Hermes, the idea has taken hold out on the east end of town. Just drive thru the McDonalds any morning and you will see what I mean.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic