FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APA & Global Warming/Climate Change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APA & Global Warming/Climate Change
    Posted: Jan 20 2010 at 12:53am
Now I've heard it all and I can pass into the spirit realm in peace.

According to the APA (American Psychological Association) if you do not believe & accept the findings of the government & scientist concerning global warming/climate change you are legally insane. The APA has put out a report and are telling psychologist that they have to break down the psychological barriers for the non-believer of global warming/climate change.

Well folks my hand is in the air because I've never bought a second of the hoax of global warming/climate change. If you never see another posting by me in this forum it's because I'm locked up in an asylum somewhere. Wacko

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2010 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

Well folks my hand is in the air because I've never bought a second of the hoax of global warming/climate change. If you never see another posting by me in this forum it's because I'm locked up in an asylum somewhere. Wacko
Hermes,
If you beat me to the asylum, case the joint. I pretty sure that I can arrange for somone to sneak us some beer and pizza a couple of nights a week if we can find a good spot along the fence. Confused   

UN climate chief admits mistake on Himalayan glaciers warning

The UN’s top climate change body has issued an unprecedented apology over its flawed prediction that Himalayan glaciers were likely to disappear by 2035.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said yesterday that the prediction in its landmark 2007 report was “poorly substantiated” and resulted from a lapse in standards. “In drafting the paragraph in question the clear and well-established standards of evidence, required by the IPCC procedures, were not applied properly,” the panel said. “The chair, vice-chair and co-chairs of the IPCC regret the poor application of IPCC procedures in this instance.”

The stunning admission is certain to embolden critics of the panel, already under fire over a separate scandal involving hacked e-mails last year.

The 2007 report, which won the panel the Nobel Peace Prize, said that the probability of Himalayan glaciers “disappearing by the year 2035 and perhaps sooner is very high”. It caused shock in Asia, where about two billion people depend on meltwater from Himalayan glaciers for their fresh water supplies during the dry seasons.

It emerged last week that the prediction was based not on a consensus among climate change experts but on a media interview with a single Indian glaciologist in 1999. That scientist, Syed Hasnain, has now told The Times that he never made such a specific forecast in his interview with the New Scientist magazine.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2010 at 8:50am
Mike - Sounds like a plan !!

I always had great admiration for psychologist and the study of the human mind and all that stuff,I always found it interesting but this is beyond ridiculous.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic