FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Boehner Luncheon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Boehner Luncheon
    Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 2:27pm
U.S. Rep. John Boehner will be the featured speaker at a special luncheon to be held March 1 at the Manchester Inn & Conference Center beginning at noon. The event, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce Serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton, is open to the public.

If Council members would like to attend, please contact Betsy for registration. They are taking questions in advance for Rep. Boehner through the Chamber Office.

Source: Middletown City Manager's Report to Council
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 2:42pm
OK- here we go again. For the umteenth time, John Boehner will make an appearance in Middletown (surprised he remembers where it is based on his past support for the town) and he shows up on a Monday at noon. This, of course is a workday and work time for most of us. How about an evening session, Johnny? Would like to talk to old Johnny and ask him a few questions directly. Usually, if one wants to communicate with Boehner, one must contact one of his little office staffers, who, in turn, never respond to any questions if it places the Rep. in an "unfavorable spot", shall we say.

Just once, I would like to see Boehner (not his little dweebs) show up in Middletown, after working hours, for an informal "evening chat" with the general populace of this city, to discuss issues between the people and the elected nimrods that are suppose to represent us. I'd like to see the "golden tanned one" on stage fielding genuine questions from real people and getting legitimate answers in return. Unfortunately, not in my lifetime, I guess.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 4:50pm
John Boehner, that name sounds familiar, is he from around here ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 4:52pm
maybe John can reverse his usual course and solicit some pork for old Middletown -- like funding for a bike path, a dog poop park, or a giant water amusement park.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 7:49pm
Seems like he brought quite a bit if you read JG's weekly, $100 Kk for the MFD, not bad. If anyone that should be able to pull in some earmarks, it should be AJ Smith. Obama owes him. Sure seems AJ and Josh have been quiet. Maybe one of these days some council person will apply some common sense and think, maybe, its not a bad idea to reverse that ordinance allowing street funds to be used for anything but. Well, on second thought,,,,don't see that happening. That takes too much common sense on that one, and right now, the zip code study is in progress and that's the number 1 priority.  Then, its a year spent on the bright past, brighter future campaign. Can't see the forest for those trees. 
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2010 at 9:19am
Acclaro,
I could very well be wrong (I was living in either Chicago or Baltimore at the time) but I don't think that the "street fund" thingie was an "ordinance."  I believe that it went before the voters in some form or other.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic