FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Government at Work!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Government at Work!
    Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 8:35am

Bob Shallit: IRS visits Sacramento carwash in pursuit of 4 cents

It was every businessperson's nightmare.

Arriving at Harv's Metro Car Wash in midtown Wednesday afternoon were two dark-suited IRS agents demanding payment of delinquent taxes. "They were deadly serious, very aggressive, very condescending," says Harv's owner, Aaron Zeff.

The really odd part of this: The letter that was hand-delivered to Zeff's on-site manager showed the amount of money owed to the feds was ... 4 cents.

Inexplicably, penalties and taxes accruing on the debt – stemming from the 2006 tax year – were listed as $202.31, leaving Harv's with an obligation of $202.35.

Zeff, who also owns local parking lots and is the president of the Midtown Business Association, finds the situation a bit comical.

"It's hilarious," he says, "that two people hopped in a car and came down here for just 4 cents. I think (the IRS) may have a problem with priorities."

Now he's trying to figure out how penalties and interest could climb so high on such a small debt. He says he's never been told he owes any taxes or that he's ever incurred any late-payment penalties in the four years he's owned Harv's.

In fact, he provided us with an Oct. 22, 2009, letter from the IRS that states Harv's "has filed all required returns and addressed any balances due."

IRS spokesman Jesse Weller isn't commenting "due to privacy and disclosure laws."

Zeff says he's as offended as much as anything else by what he considers rude behavior by the IRS guys. While at Harv's, he sniffs, "they didn't even get a car wash."

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 9:34am
Now see, thats the problem with the media. They make it out to look like just 4 cents but in reality it's over $200 dollars. The IRS is doing a fine job ! They really need to crack down on people like this and aggressively pursue these criminals who are not paying their share. That 4 cents could mean the difference between a thriving economy and an economical collapse.

I'm happy to see that the system works ! I'm proud to be an American !!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 11:00am
Take the government supervisor moron, who sent these two government SS stormtroopers to harass this guy and the taxpayer paid salaries that were used for their time and hang the a--h--- in the town square. Idiot! I'll pull the lever to release the door. Voila! no more government moron that was promoted to supervisor!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 2:11pm
Vet you probably just made the no fly list with your above statement. Shame,Shame,shame as Gomer would say. I bet the second you hit post reply Homeland Security started a file on you. Don't be shocked when the Middeltown police knock on your door and demand to know what your watching on TV. Shocked

Big brother has an eye on you now, Evil%20Smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 3:08pm
As Eastwood would say "go ahead, make my day". No fly list? Don't care. They can stick all those little shoe and bag checks where the sun don't shine. Rather drive than fly anyway. Homeland Security? What a joke. Has been since that idiotic idea concerning the duct tape and plastic crap they were shoveling years ago. Then they follow it up with that " what terrorist alert color is it today" bullcrap and the fact that they inspect, what, only 1 in 100 containers at the ports? No credibility to the whole "leaky sieve" program. Middletown police knocking on the door demanding to know what I'm watching on TV? Again, none of the governments business. Between the days of big brother in the 60's and the invasion of privacy on citizens now with their little lists they compile, I've about had enough government intrusion.    The scary part about all of this is I've got a temper and guns and sometimes the two don't mix. Cooler heads must prevail here. 10:4?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 6:07pm

Roger that good buddy ! LOL

Now see you done and went and admitted that you own guns, Homeland Security is gonna have a field day with you. Now when the Middeltown police come a knock'n they gonna want to know where them guns are. Deny everything and admit to nothing.

Should I add a room for ya in my underground bunker ? Wink
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 6:09pm
They should have sent ICE instead of the IRS although maybe when the IRS gets there and checks employee records they may find that this owner is paying illegal aliens under the table to work there.hmm
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 8:22pm
OK Hermes....I'll start the denial routine. Here goes. My guns that I mention are a rubber band gun that resembles a Glock .40 cal, a 12 gauge shotgun that resembles a kid's pellet gun and an AK47 with extended clip that resembles a big BB gun. Just all kids toys actually.

"Middletown police come a knockin' to know where them guns are"? Ain't none of their business unless they have a search warrant and good cause. They're all for home protection and I assure you they would be used just to "cause a nasty infection", not to really hurt anyone.    (after all, what else could you do with a BB, pellet and rubber band gun, right?)

No bunker yet. I'll stand and fight for now.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 11:25pm
Vet, my conservative brother!!! Hug
I've only got one little toy pistol, but I'll stand with ya!!! (Hang onto the duct tape though, I know how to use it as a bandage in case one of us catches a round.) Big%20smile

(Dang! Where did Dawn put the armoring for my Pride Mobility scooter???)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Vet, my conservative brother!!! Hug
I've only got one little toy pistol, but I'll stand with ya!!! (Hang onto the duct tape though, I know how to use it as a bandage in case one of us catches a round.) Big%20smile

(Dang! Where did Dawn put the armoring for my Pride Mobility scooter???)
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 1:13am
HAH!  Those FOUR-wheelers are for GIRLS!!!
I have the much sportier, more maneuverable THREE wheel model. Cool  LOL LOL Big%20smile
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic