FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Train Equals Jobs In Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Train Equals Jobs In Ohio
    Posted: Mar 29 2010 at 11:32am

Source Ohio.gov

March 25, 2010

More than 26,000 Ohio employees already tied to railroad industry
Columbus, Ohio – At least 225 Ohio businesses located across the state already benefit from investments made by the railroad industry, according to new research by the Ohio Rail Development Commission (ORDC) and the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT).

With more than 26,000 employees currently, many of those companies are gearing up for more work as part of the growing national reinvestment in passenger and freight rail, according to industry experts.

Read the full story here: Rail Investment means Jobs for Ohioans

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2010 at 11:52am
Well there you have it. If we get a choo choo coming through Middletown, we will potentially be creating a multitude of rail related jobs, meant just for Middletown. Ball bearings, rail cars, rail line manufacturing and other companies will locate where there is rail traffic. Problem solved. Bidding on the train was a good idea for job creation, city leaders!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2010 at 12:44pm
Vet....not to change the subject.....but......you mention ball bearings along with the railroad. I remember well the Hoover Ball Bearing factory at the corner of Wildwood and Enoch abutting the railroad line. Used to ride our bicycles over and pickup discarded ball bearings along the fence line to use in our slingshots.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2010 at 6:28am
I have a fabulous slingshot story from my youth!!  Unfortunately (but fortunately for us at the time) I swore a "double pinkie blood oath" of silence, so I must take it to my grave!!! Big%20smile
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2010 at 6:57am
The Grand Ave./Kensington St. group I hung out with back in the 50's/60's were more pellet and BB gun people, rather than sling shots/ ball bearings.     C'mon Mike, don't let that double pinkie blood oath thing get in the way of a good story. Let it out, son. Don't repress your inner self! Purge those old feelings!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2010 at 6:10pm
Vet,
I always suspected that you gun-toting hooligans from "up on the hill" never understood HONOR and things such as the the solemnity of double pinkie blood oaths like we young gentlemen from the flatlands of lower Grand Avenue.

I'll never sing--NEVER!!!  We didn't do it...no one saw us do it...you can't prove we did it!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2010 at 6:48am
Ah-ha! So your group was the riff-raff that invaded the sanctity of our utopia out east by Kensington and Grand, ehh? We high falootin' folks out by the Dorset area (formerly Boehnies Greenhouse-remember?), ironically just down the road from Armbusters, often wondered who was invading our turf and creating nuisances that disturbed our tea clutches and country club activites! Well, I never!.... Ah yes, those were the days when we lived in that safe neighborhood WAY OUT EAST toward Jackson Lane.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Ah yes, those were the days when we lived in that safe neighborhood WAY OUT EAST toward Jackson Lane.

Way out in the Country. huh? I've heard some my older Friends refer to it that way.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2010 at 10:19am
That's right, Irisner! Hey.... Manchester Road was once 2 lanes and was considered "out in the country" in the 50's until they built Manchester Jr. High School, which is now the Tiger Ellison Sports Complex and the rest of the building that sits at the corner of Breile and Manchester now. Then, as you went east on Manchester toward Manchester Manor and the Oaks, it was cornfield. Heck, the intersection of Breile and Central had white posts across it, blocking off any northerly travel past the church at Central and Breile. All WPFB land was country then before MUM was built in 1966. Breile at Grand going south had those white posts across south Breile also. You had to turn left or right at Grand going south on Breile in the 60's. All "wilderness" south of Grand then.    Before Roosevelt coming into town, the only way in or out was Grand. The route was similar to what Grand is now but it curved more out to I-75 and both sides were cornfield past Blueball. Country, man! Hey, a drive to Springboro was a major excursion and "long distance driving".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic