FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How Pathetic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Pathetic
    Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 10:58am

"There was an overwhelming response to the Austin Police Department’s first ever “Guns for Groceries” event. Hundreds of people turned out Saturday to exchange unwanted guns for vouchers to buy groceries.

"The line is very shocking to me. We had people in the parking lot at 7:30 a.m. waiting to turn their guns in, and the event did not start until 9 a.m,” APD’s Sgt. Ely Reyes said.

Department officials ran out of grocery vouchers after about two and a half hours.

APD asked the community to turn in any gun, no questions asked. In exchange, people got anywhere from $10 to $200 in grocery store gift cards."

It's bad enough when governments want to take everything you have but to entice people with food to turn in their guns is pretty bad. There are 2 ways to look at this, one is it might actually get some guns off the street, second it only gives thieves another reason to break into houses and steal more guns. It is pathetic for any police department or government to do this. The politicians and police in this country make me sick. And to think I served this country for over 3 years risking my life so they could pull an idiotic stunt like this. Had I known over 40 years ago what our country would end up like I would have told them to shove it. Angry
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 1:15pm
I wonder how many of the guns they recieved in trade were involved in killings,robberies etc.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

I wonder how many of the guns they recieved in trade were involved in killings,robberies etc.

Probably a big percentage of them. I assume this was probably done in the poorest part of the city because you know the rich don't give up their guns.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
islabucasgrande View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islabucasgrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

I guess those guns should be be utilized to track killers who just recently turn hungry on the streets.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic