FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess How Fast I am going

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess How Fast I am going
    Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 6:48pm
Ohio's highest court has ruled that a person may be convicted of speeding purely if it looked to a police officer that the motorist was going too fast.

Resource:
Estimates OK for speeding tickets, court rules

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 11:48pm
I know not all cops are bad but I'm just having nightmares of driving past that one cop who hasn't met his quota yet. Scary thought with all the depts strapped for cash. I wonder if our police have any policies on this? How often does it happen? I didn't know this was even possible until talking w my boss and come to find out the only ticket he has gotten in the last 15 years was one where the cop estimated his speed. I always thought they had to lock the speed in their radar and show you if you asked to see it.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 6:46am
Like to know how this will play out in court on a challenge. It was always the cop showing the readout on the speeding violation as evidence against your claim you were not speeding. Now, the cop can cite you without the readout. It now becomes your word against his in court. Where's the proof on the allegation of speed for the judge to make the decision? (We all know the dam judge will agree with the cop). It's a family affair with the legal folks and it generates revenue for all the cash strapped communities who aren't smart enough to generate it through the acquisition of businesses/jobs and taxes. You know....... like Middletown does.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 9:33am
The way it play out in court the driver will lose. It is very rare that a judge will doubt his police officers,and if a person decides to fight it a lawyer is going to cost a bundle now.

One thing they have proven by this decision,safety is not the concern,it's all about the money.

Next thing they will rule on will be you can be arrested and fined just for looking guilty.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 11:59am
Hermes- You mention that safety is not the concern, it's all about the money. Glad that the Middletown officials don't have that attitude concerning our life-saving cameras. Yep, safety first with our police officials. Revenue generation is not an issue. They say it.....I believe it!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2010 at 10:27am

Vet - LOL Did they change your meds again ?

I told the doctor at the VA the other day some of things going on in this town and I asked him if there was something he could give me to calm me down, he said yes and handed me a business card for a real estate agent in Florida. LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2010 at 11:57am
Hermes- yep on the meds. When they adjust them, I seem to suffer PTCOCD or Post Traumatic City Official Cluster Disorder. Symptoms include severe nightmares in the form of sporadic agreement with the decisions made by the city manager and her elves, belief in the decisions made by council and a belief that the MMF'ers are guiding this city in the proper direction. Side effects may include extreme brainwashing and believing the horsesh-- they're dishin' , a desire to have lunch, join the club and rub elbows with the high rollers in town. If this continues, it could lead to a case of terminal dumba-- with no cure. Look what it's done to them.
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2010 at 7:52pm

Oh geez.  Hope they don't charge me with selling drugs too if/when they pull me over for speeding...

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 7:06pm
What in the sam H#@@ is wrong with the Ohio Supreme Court ?!!!

How can a friggin cop arrest you for not having any drugs ?!!

That ruling does not even make sense and I will read it again,is it even legit ??
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2010 at 9:32pm
From what I read it came down from a case where a dealer made a deal to sell 2 k's of cocaine to an undercover. When arrested they were never able to find any drugs but the cops charged him anyway. He fought it all the way up and the Supreme Court ruled that even agreeing to the deal was enough for the charge to stick.
What the d*mn hell is going on up there in Columbus?
Is this also the court that has ruled the way schools are funded is illegal yet never did a thing to change it?

angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2010 at 11:45pm
It's a family affair with the legal folks and it generates revenue for all the cash strapped communities who aren't smart enough to generate it through the acquisition of businesses/jobs and taxes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic