FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cat Got Your Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat Got Your Tongue
    Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:01am
Am I thr only one seeing this? Mr. Smith went comments that last 5 minutes to nothing to say at all!! could this be due to his run in with police. These videos are from the last two meetings.

[SCRIPT] var so = new SWFObject('http://www.middletownusa.com/mediaplayer.swf','nocommentsVideo','400','300','8'); so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true'); so.addVariable('file','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/AJNoComments+%5Fconverted%2Eflv'); so.addVariable('overstretch','true'); so.addVariable('backcolor','0xFFFFFF'); so.addVariable('autostart','false'); so.addVariable('height','300'); so.addVariable('width','400'); so.addVariable('overstretch','fit'); so.addVariable('image','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/previews/morenotalk%2Ejpg'); so.addVariable('logo','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/data/musa-logo.png'); so.write('nocomments'); [/SCRIPT]
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:07am
[SCRIPT] var so = new SWFObject('http://www.middletownusa.com/mediaplayer.swf','MorenocommentsVideo','400','300','8'); so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true'); so.addVariable('file','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/NoCommentsAgain%5Fconverted%2Eflv'); so.addVariable('overstretch','true'); so.addVariable('backcolor','0xFFFFFF'); so.addVariable('autostart','false'); so.addVariable('height','300'); so.addVariable('width','400'); so.addVariable('overstretch','fit'); so.addVariable('image','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/previews/nocommentagain%2Ejpg'); so.addVariable('logo','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/data/musa-logo.png'); so.write('Morenocomments'); [/SCRIPT]
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:09am
A good guess would be that the incident will be held over his head for as long as he is a councilman.

He probably gave the other cronies a fine tool that they can use on him.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:15am
I agree with you to a point!! But I wonder if it is already being held over him and his silence is the price.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 12:00pm

I agree with you Randy. Mr. Smith has went silent...
And again the 2nd Ward will have no voice at City Council.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 12:07pm
I'm fine with it....he needs to do more listening and learning and less talking.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 12:08pm
Maybe he just learned a valuable lesson folks, if so good for him.Thumbs%20Up
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 1:36pm
Bill, you just dont like Aj as a person. So, because of that I put no weight in anything you say when it comes to him. You sure you dont wanna mention his schooling issues or lack of enough to satisfy you.

Pac, I am sure he did learn a important lesson, but this is still no reason to no longer question things as he once did. I go to these meetings and I see a different Aj sitting there.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 2:18pm
Randy, it has been what 2-3 weeks man, let the dust settle. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 2:30pm
If you say so Pac!!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 3:18pm
All we heard about AJ during the election was about Obama, and energy, and youthful leadership.  Some commented on how this man with such a bright future could juggle city council along with his education.  Heck, at the time I thought they meant he was going to Harvard or something.  Then I see some of his comments at council meetings, I hear him going on (loudly) about himself to a reporter, I hear this education consists of a couple months of fire training, and then I read about his arrest.  Sorry, but I don't think I'm the only one who has been less than impressed with the Second Ward's golden boy. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 6:35pm
Not sure where you get he is a golden boy of the second ward. If he wants to go to school or he doesn't thats up to him.  Not you or anyone else for that matter!! I wouldn't care if a guy dropped out in the second grade, it does not mean you are stupid, which is what you make it sound like when it comes to him.

All I want is someone to stand up  to the good ol boys and girls at city hall. You Bill, you make everything about him going or not going to school. So why dont you strap your big boy pants on and show up at a meeting, fill out a comment card and call AJ out on it ?? Until you do that....be quite!!!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 7:39pm
I prefer an educated councilperson.  But I'm saying his press buildup and hype has exceeded the reality...like some people say of our dear President.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 8:19pm
Randy, this topic of education seems to hit a real nerve with you.  Anything you'd like to share?  Pull up a chair and talk to Dr. Bill!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 8:40pm
Bill, the only thing that hits a nerve with me is the fact that it's all you care about!! And I cantstand when people talk about people but wont show up and say it them face to face. If you are scared to go to a council meeting I will hold your hand and make sure no one bothers you.

The fact is this, you have had a problem with Aj from day one and it's been over the same issue.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:50pm
I just have to say there are many types of education. Some people are fortunate enough to be college educated, but I have equal respect for those who are self-educated. If someone wants to get into a discussion, all I ask is that he/she has done enough research to be able to understand the facts and communicate them. Just an observation...
"Because nice matters..."
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 9:13am
Randy, I have not commented on his education any more than I have bashed his loud, self-important demeanor in public or the arrest.  I have commented equally on all three.  My point is that for all the hype I have seen little in him, at this early age, to inspire confidence.  I just kind of like to tweak those on this board who perceive any of the "new guard" as being a breath of fresh air and agents of change. 

I'm glad he is civic minded and decided to run for office.  But being interested in running for office does not mean one is qualified, mature, informed, and yes educated about a variety of topics.  This town needs more of the former but even more of the latter. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 10:02am

Bill, I have much respect for Aj and for Josh for running in the first place. For all your rants on AJ's place on council I have never heard you mention anything about Becker or Mulligan....why is that? In your opinion are they doing a fine job, I mean they are far more educated than Aj and Josh. So, why isn't our city in great shape? We have such smart people leading us.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 11:54am
I don't think Becker is doing a fine job.  It might be easier to tell if he woke up from the nap every now and then and acted like he was interested.  I think the Mayor is a good man and one who is a good representative of the city.  He's not the most approachable or interested in public input but I believe he is engaged and cares, which is more than I can say for Mr. Becker. 
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 11:55am
I think ASJ is an asset.  As for Picard, Josh L. or T. Allen, too early for me to make a judgment.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 1:56pm
Ok Bill, I will go with that assessment!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic