FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Notoriety in Middletown Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Notoriety in Middletown Journal
    Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 8:20am
Mr.Nagy, you are correct, the Journal is one step behind a again. While I thought it was a well written artical and had some good comments from council memebers (AJ Smith) It was in deed old news. This has been talked about on here and even covered by channel 5 news over a week ago.

I do think the next council meeting will be an interesting one to see. Wink
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 8:03am
      Yesterday the Middletown Journal devoted two pages to council skirmishes. As usual with the Journal it was old news. The Journal has been ineffectual for many years but is even more so now. They are biased in their reporting and use of the paper. I'm sure their subscription numbers have fallen considerably for a lot of reasons.  Nontheless, they chose to negatively make council front page almost two weeks after the incident. Well, it certainly adds to Middletown's negative image which the city leaders have not felt the necessity to address and change.
       I find it interesting that the city has Four attorneys in the fore front and its my opinion that has even added more problems. Two are in the Administration- Les Landen and Doug Adkins. Les Landen continues to ignore the quality of legislation and other matters. It is said, he didn't write the complaint on Lennie Robinson that was ruled unconstitutional. I don't know if he did or didn't but he is the city attorney and that should never have passed his inspection and gone to court. Especially that sloppy. Then, to add insult to injury he threatened to spend more city money to appeal the decision. The legislation on the Historic  ordinance, 1210, non-residents on boards, etc. are illegal at best. My deep concern is that three other attorneys were there and they did nothing to question their legality, accuracy or correct them. Then two of them voted to approve them.  Certainly, it puts their legal prowess at question and I wonder if they have had a reduction in clients because of these legal stumbles. They are putting their reputations and practices at risk for a city that is dysfunctional. They would be wise to get back to their practices and leave city matters to others. The city needs the change and that would go a long way in breaking trhe 4-3 split.
        And so, the soap opera continues. ......
        Paul Nagy 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic