FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Investment in China?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Investment in China?
    Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:52am
I was watching the news this morning and saw something that made my head explode!!! When informed that this had been going on for awhile, I am in a state of shock and disbelief. I watched an ad on American TV for investment in China. WTF!!!!!!!!!! With all of the economic problems in this country, crumbling infrastructure, unemployment, etc., and a company advocates investing in a foreign country????? Have we lost any sense of what being American means? Is making a dollar so important now, that we will invest it in a COMMUNIST country where the government decides whether you can be rich or not??? This is one of those moments where I wish I could have remained blissfully ignorant!!!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 10:06am
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

I was watching the news this morning and saw something that made my head explode!!! When informed that this had been going on for awhile, I am in a state of shock and disbelief. I watched an ad on American TV for investment in China. WTF!!!!!!!!!! With all of the economic problems in this country, crumbling infrastructure, unemployment, etc., and a company advocates investing in a foreign country????? Have we lost any sense of what being American means? Is making a dollar so important now, that we will invest it in a COMMUNIST country where the government decides whether you can be rich or not??? This is one of those moments where I wish I could have remained blissfully ignorant!!!

Dont take this the wrong way but where you been for the last 20 years or so? It seems that with the blessing of our corrupt politicians the greedy Companies and Business gurus of this Country have sucked all the jobs and wealth out of America and given it to the communist government of china.Now they own us.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 10:23am
Bocephus - I cop to ignorance and apathy. Guilty as charged!!! I could not agree with you more!!! Said it before, say it again; (D) or (R) doesn't matter, VOTE THEM OUT!!!
Lebanonian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 3:28pm
The Chinese are already invested extremely heavily in US debt instruments. So they own us.

"We own them" is really a good thing to say. It means you have mastery over the indebted party. There is absolutely no weakness associated with someone in the US owning investments in China. It shows strength.

Conversely, the Chinese can now say that they own us.  
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 3:44pm
Lebanonian - thank you for the post. I'd be interested in knowing what the Chinese investments in the US are. The implication of the ad that I saw is that Chinese investment is for modern infrastructure, energy generation and modern transportation. If the Chinese decide they don't want to pay back the investments are we going to go "repossess"?
My outrage is that this country needs the investment dollars to rebuild our infrastructure, energy grid and transportation system. Yet we are sending it to our adversary? How is that possible and other than pure greed, why is it happening?
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 4:40pm
The Chinese hold trillions of dollars in US notes.  This country keeps borrowing but who lends us the $$....China does.

TonyB, while there is appeal to the GOP mantra about counting our deficit, tightening our belt, etc....one of the big injustices foisted upon us by conservatives is the distaste for investing in this country's infrastructure.  There are consequences to "Starving the beast".
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:43pm
Here is some food for thought. I heard a report yesteday on the radio that Obama was going to raise 1 billion dollars for his campaign. Some from those in this country that are blind to what is going on. The report stated that it was very possible that 1/3 would come from overeas and was untraceable. That is pretty unbelieveable. We have a a president funed by overseas influence. Whats wrong with the system? Confused
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

Here is some food for thought. I heard a report yesteday on the radio that Obama was going to raise 1 billion dollars for his campaign. Some from those in this country that are blind to what is going on. The report stated that it was very possible that 1/3 would come from overeas and was untraceable. That is pretty unbelieveable. We have a a president funed by overseas influence. Whats wrong with the system? Confused
Don't forget the 100s of million the unions will be kicking in.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:10pm
As if the Republicans won't be out there with their maney raising machinery. I say vote them all out. I'd be real interested in where the report above that states Obama is getting 1/3 of his campaign money from overseas. No doubt a propaganda lie. Not that it will be the first. VOTE THEM OUT!!! (D) or (R) doesn't matter which, VOTE THEM OUT!!! These political parties allow capital investment in our adversaries while they screw over Americans!!!
Storm Ahead View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Ahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 7:19am
I love you people. You're finally talking about the real threats to our Republic. Washington D.C., Wall Street and Columbus, Ohio need to hear our collective outrage! Our common enemy is greed and a thirst for control.
Stormy
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 8:39am
Storm - thanks for the post. Talking about it is the first step. Now we need a plan of action. First things first; do not vote for any member of the Democratic or Republican Party. We will only have real change in this country if we VOTE THEM OUT!!!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 1:06am
Apple,Nike,Ford Motor Company,The Gap and HJ Heinz invested $3.6 billion into China in the early part of 2010.Starbucks and Coke view China as their top growth market even over America.Pepsi over the next 4 years is building 14 plants in China.General Motors & Volkswagon is building a new $490 million plant in China and in 2012 will begin building the next generation Ford Focus there.

America is not the only country investing heavily into China others are investing too. A total of $39 billion was invested by other countries to begin manufacturing.

The main objective of all this is these companies will export their products back to America plus have the advantage of cheap labor and little to no governmental rules over labor and the environment.So even though it says "made in China" it was made by an American company.

Apple stock (example) for April 7,2011 was $338...52 week high $364...low of $199.And people wonder why our jobs are in China.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic