FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Section 8/Rental Testimony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 10:13am
Vet - I don't think your plan to buy a house on Bellemonte and rent it as Section 8 because the city is trying to reduce those vouchers. I don't think you'd get a new voucher.

scouter - thank you for your post and for clearing up a perception problem. Obviously, the person who called into Sound Off either sees things differently or didn't take the time to look at all. clearing up these kinds of misconceptions goes a long way toward getting at real problems in our city and not just "tilting at windmills". It is understandable why people are cranky but being cranky isn't an excuse for generalizations. Sood for you for setting the record straight!
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 9:00am
The person in the story is either willfully ignorant of what it is truly like outside of their house or guilty of complete and utter hyperbole. Either way their soundoff was ridiculous and paints the whole street in a bad light that is simply UNTRUE.

To clarify - I live on Bellemonte, I own my home and neither I nor my wife was the person who called the sound off.

So first off, this person is not "one of the last homeowners on the street." Just spending a few minutes looking at publicly available information from the county and city tells me that about 2/3 of the houses on Bellemonte are owned by the person living in it. Only one house is owned by the bank, 3 by corporate rental places, and the rest by private parties who probably rent them out, though at this time several are vacant. Also part of the real estate on that street is an apartment complex that I've never seen the police at and always keeps the exterior neat and tidy, and a commercial building that has apartments upstairs. The commercial building has had a major facelift in the last five years and looks very nice.

There are not wild packs of feral children roaming the street being rude to people. There are kids crossing the street to and from their house and the public park with a playground, large green space, basketball court and volleyball court. Kids playing at a park, a novel idea!

Regarding mowed lawns, the worst offender there recently is the city but in all honesty in the last couple of weeks leading up to Sunday when was there time to mow other than during the rain. Us homeowners have to work for a living to pay the bills, so we may have missed the two 1-hour windows where it wasn't raining or the grass wasn't so wet as to be unmowable without commercial equipment.

This person calling in is more cranky than right.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 7:48pm
Yep..I feel exactly the same as the person in the story. I know that not all Section 8 is bad, but a lot of them are just plain garbage, which really sucks for the people who have to live among them and do not rent. I also know a lot of them also deal in drugs (seen it for myself) for extra money..which is why they can afford some pretty high end stuff, yet not be working and sitting around all day drinking beer on the porch. Must be nice.....
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 4:55pm

After a few call to the company that runs the Section 8  housing they might start getting the idea something is wrong.They might say its not there problem its the slumlords but Id beg the differ with them.They are the ones that accept the application.Big%20smile Id call them everyday till I got satisfaction.In between calls to them Ms Judy would be hearing from me to.Two can play that game.LOL

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 1:27pm
I would say that just about sums it up on the other hand someones good friends and slumlords have made lots of money from buying cheap houses and renting them out.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 9:22am
From today's Journal....From the Soundoff section

I live on Bellemonte Street in Middletown and I am one of the last homeowners on the street. Most of the homes have been foreclosed on and become rental properties. One of the houses rented has children who run the streets 24 hours a day. The kids are so rude that when you are driving down the road, they won’t even get out of the street. The value of my home is being destroyed because of the rental properties and the lack of respect from renters. Why can’t the renters at least mow their grass and keep their kids from walking through yards? ... I would love to let the owners of these rental properties know what they have done to my street and my neighborhood. Maybe I will go buy a house on their street, rent it out to Section 8, and see how it makes them feel.

NUFF SAID ABOUT YOUR GAME PLAN CITY LEADERS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic