FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not Just on Central Ave Anymore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ward4resident View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ward4resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Just on Central Ave Anymore
    Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 12:53pm
Found on Craigslist:

fun guy - mw4m (middletown)

Date: 2011-09-04, 2:27PM EDT
Reply to:
Reply To This Post

we host at our place in middletown for a guy.email

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2581778177

I was informed when you reply that ask for money.

I have sent ads similar to this to Laubach, Becker, Picard and Mulligan. All with no response.
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ward4resident ward4resident wrote:

Found on Craigslist:

I have sent ads similar to this to Laubach, Becker, Picard and Mulligan. All with no response.

I would be more concerned if they DID respond.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ward4resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 2:14pm
Not to the ads... that this is an issue that needs to be dealt with
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 3:12pm

Not to the ads... that this is an issue that needs to be dealt with

Please explain
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ward4resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 8:03am
What is there to explain? Prostitutes from Middletown are placing ads on craigslist.

I sent the information to Council members and I thought I would have gotten some response. At least a "I will forward this to the detectives" Or We know this is an issue and are looking in to it...

Yet the same old thing: NOTHING. Not even from the "Golden Child" Mr. Laubach.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 8:30am
Not sure where in that ad it clarified that this was solicitation for prostitution where money was involved?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 9:32am

What is there to explain? Prostitutes from Middletown are placing ads on craigslist.

I sent the information to Council members and I thought I would have gotten some response. At least a "I will forward this to the detectives" Or We know this is an issue and are looking in to it...

Yet the same old thing: NOTHING. Not even from the "Golden Child" Mr. Laubach.
Maybe you should call the detectives if you have concerns.
I personally do not troll on Craigslist.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 11:59am
This type of activity is more common than one might think. 

As long as money is not exchanged, there is nothing illegal about the post.

This is not anything an Council member should get  involved with.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ward4resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 1:34pm
As I stated when I started this thread, when you reply the couple asks for money.

In one thread, it is clearly stated that council should get involved with the criminal activity on and around downtown and here they shouldn't?

I understand this town/area has its share of couples involved in alternative lifestyles and I am not opposed to that.

But when I point out that is not just going on out in the open on Central Ave, I am criticized?
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 2:20pm
"But when I point out that is not just going on out in the open on Central Ave, I am criticized?"

No, your praised. But the hopelessness of it all...bust them, then their out doing it again. How do you get rid of this stain on our downtown? If politicians, preachers and poets don't really care then you can not stop it.
Summerrain1957 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 8:44pm
The ads I am sure have been going on for a long time.  We Cannot do anything about the Prostitutes in this town they are everywhere.  I see them walking on Sutphin Street, I see them walking on Eaton Ave and Lewis Street, I see them hanging out at the gas station on Jackson Lane.  No one in this town can do anything,  they get arrested and they get out and they are right back at it.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 9:04pm

Politicians and prostitutes have a lot in common.

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 9:15pm
Well said B.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2011 at 6:59am
The city, with it's ghetto mentality and low income sponsorship, has set itself up for this type of activity. The girls on the street go hand in hand with the climate being created by the city leaders. Once respectable, Middletown has become a desolate wasteland of excessive poverty and has opened the doors and put out the welcome mat for any and all dregs of society. Does this really surprise anyone? JMO

Oh, just want to take this opportunity to thank all leaders responsible for this too.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2011 at 8:44am

As I stated when I started this thread, when you reply the couple asks for money.

In one thread, it is clearly stated that council should get involved with the criminal activity on and around downtown and here they shouldn't?

I understand this town/area has its share of couples involved in alternative lifestyles and I am not opposed to that.

But when I point out that is not just going on out in the open on Central Ave, I am criticized?

Have you ever been infected by one of these prostitutes?  That would be my main concern...
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2011 at 4:36pm
I'm thinking I wish they would all just place ads so that I can drive down Central and not have to see them or explain to my -at the time 9 yr old kid- why these ladies are waving to everyone and witness one jump into a car.
Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic