FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Town Would You Like To Live In?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Town Would You Like To Live In?
    Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 8:54am
MIDDLETOWN.....

Police reports: Woman caught using heroin in UDF restroom
0 3 0 61
By Rick McCrabb
Middletown Division of Police
Jan. 7
A Middletown woman, Kheryllyn Tew, 26, of Columbia Avenue, was charged with drug abuse/heroin and possession of drug abuse/instruments after she was found to be doing drugs in the United Dairy Farmers restroom, 101 N. Verity Parkway. When police arrived, they knocked on the restroom door twice, and announced their presence. In the restroom, officers saw syringes and a small, torn baggie on the sink and on the sink was a black substance, which appeared to be black heroin. Police found four syringes in her purse. She was trespassed off the property.

Jan. 8
A woman who lives in the 4600 block of Freedom Court told police that several possible bounty hunters are harassing her. She told police that the man she used to date was charged with driving with intoxicated and he skipped bail. She said three men in black tactical vests with badges around their necks knocked on her door looking for her former boyfriend. She allowed them to search her residence. The three men returned later with guns visible. They never told the woman what agency they represented. When Middletown police dispatch called the number the man left with the resident, the officer said he worked for U.S. Inmate Services. Police told the agent if he was going to issue a warrant in the city, the police department should be notified first.
Several shots were reported fired in the 1300 block of Hood Avenue. Police found one .380 shell casing lying in the middle of the road. Police were unable to find any damage done by the bullets.
A large portion of the metal roof that covers a picnic area at the Robert “Sonny” Hill Community Center, 800 Lafayette Ave., was reported missing. There were tire tracks in the snow, but there was no real tread design visible because some of the snow had melted.
Two air conditioner units in the 600 block of North Verity Parkway were damaged. Someone had tried to remove the units.
A jewelry box, three rings from the Ohio High School Athletic Association, a gold wedding band and several watches were stolen from a residence in the 1300 block of Park Drive. The woman said she was gone for about one hour, 45 minutes. There was no sign of forced entry.
A Middletown man, Jacob Sallie, 20, of Baltimore Street, was arrested for his warrant through Columbus Police Department for statutory rape in the 300 block of Baltimore Street. When police arrived, there were three subjects in the house: Zachary Chadwell, Shawn Chadwell and Sallie. Police found marijuana in the residence and drug paraphernalia. Shawn Chadwell was charged with criminal summons for permitting drug use.

Jan. 9
Several power tools, two Bostich nail guns and a circular saw, all valued at $700, were reported stolen from the back of a pickup truck that was parked in the 2900 block of Plymouth Avenue.

OR MASON.....

With $10M expansion, local company plans to add high-tech jobs

Intelligrated’s newly expanded headquarters on Innovation Way in Mason.
View Larger

Intelligrated’s new 122,000-square-foot addition allows the company’s headquarters to accommodate an ongoing increase in engineering and research and development staffing.
By Eric Schwartzberg
Staff Writer
MASON — A Mason company marked the grand opening Wednesday of its $10 million, 122,000-square-foot expansion.
With a combined area of 262,000 square feet, Intelligrated’s headquarters at at 7901 Innovation Way will accommodate an ongoing increase in engineering, research and development staffing.

TWO CITIES, A FEW MILES APART, GOING IN TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS AS TO PROSPERITY.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR CITY LEADERSHIP THAT THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO GO THE ROUTE TAKEN INDICATED BY THE POLICE BRIEFS ABOVE AND NOT THE ONE INDICATED BY WHAT IS OCCURING IN MASON? WHY WOULD THEY INVITE THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE TO TOWN THROUGH THEIR GHETTO PROGRAMS THEY HAVE CREATED?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:14am
It might be a better assessment if we also read the "police breifs"for Mason. I know Judith could come up with all our wonderful things that are happening downtown.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

It might be a better assessment if we also read the "police breifs"for Mason. I know Judith could come up with all our wonderful things that are happening downtown.
Do you think that Judith could come up with a single company that has invested TEN MILLION PRIVATE dollars in our wonderful, happening downtown???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 3:44pm

You would be correct if my intent was to correlate the information in the two articles one to one. No link to the police briefs and to the econ.development in Mason. My intent was to bring to light the fact that Mason seems to be focused on jobs that are upscale and are progressive in nature as to growing their community and their actions would attract more upscale citizens. Middletown's police briefs reflect the outcome of their Section 8 focus and government handout programs that lead to the types of people that would be attracted and the lowering of standards to ghetto status. The city theme of attracting welfare recipients has Adkins declaring that the city has a 54% low income, ghetto contingent, and with that, we see the results in what is contained in the police briefs. Don't think you will ever read an article like this from Mason in the Middletown Journal any time soon. Middletown's focus is not on job attraction. It is on government handout revenue and as long as that is the mode of operation, we will see no revenue generation that will benefit the people in the form of jobs. The two articles reflect the difference in Mason's professional approach to city revenue generation and the aftermath of Middletown's lack of professionalism in fed handout/fed reliance generation. Mason is progressive forward thinking. Middletown is stagnant regressive thinking.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 3:50pm
I've benn touting JOBS for years now but it falls on deaf ears. If you want to get ride of sec8 vouchers the way to do it is to reduce the need. We would not need them if we had JOBS.JMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:12pm

I've benn touting JOBS for years now but it falls on deaf ears. If you want to get ride of sec8 vouchers the way to do it is to reduce the need. We would not need them if we had JOBS.JMO

Bingo! Now, if we all know what will fix alot of our problems here as to citizen opportunities, growing the city and revenue generation for city hall, why can't the people who run this city understand this concept?......OR, are they just plain too lazy to make the effort to attract jobs? Guess it's easier to stand there with your hand out to the feds than to generate revenue on your own.....like most town's do.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:04pm

EXACTLY!!!  With that I will agree!!!
It's a simple concept, and one that even the folks at City Hall should be able to comprehend...but they just can't seem to "get it".
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:26am
the thing is mid town has nothing any major company wants any part of, the east end is never going to get anywhere, the downtown will allways be a place where most will not go.. jobs will be nothing more than whats allready there, the really sad part, sure seems like! a whole lot young people in mid town from 30 and younger, not all, would never pass a drug test to get a job, as long as they can live for free, steal everything even if its nailed down to get high!! i know other city's have the same problem, just not as bad and many as mid town, imo...this does matter to upscale company's and people that are looking for place to move to. im NOT seeing any good jobs coming to mid town for as far as my eyes can see...and also look at stupids they have to deal with, running the city.... 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 9:47am
"the thing is mid town has nothing any major company wants any part of, the east end is never going to get anywhere,"

But bumper, Judy Gilleland said the entryway out by I-75 is complete and as such, ready to invite the masses to the city.

Does anyone really think the entryway to the city is complete? Does anyone think it looks inviting? If you were taking the ramps from either direction on I-75, would you be impressed with the current situation? Is there anything that looks appealing to you, especially on the east side of the bridge? How much money and time has this city put into the entryway to the city as opposed to the "7 miles to the west, out of the way" downtown area? Wrong priorities once again city people. By the way, what ever happened to the Kohler water feature and landscaping out that way? Wasn't that on the table at one time? And what about the old Lenny Robinson Putt-Putt golf building and the old Cronin car dealership land?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 1:43pm
and then we have this.......yep this just a sweeeell place to live and open a business.

Middletown business owner sentenced to prison
http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/news/crime-law/middletown-business-owner-sentenced-to-prison/nTs3k/

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 2:31pm
You have to ask yourself, what does Middletown have to offer a million dollar company? Answer is: nothing compared other communities nearby. Middletown has high crime. Middletown has a high poverty rate. Middletown has little to no qualified work force. Middletown is in need of 2000-3000 jobs with a pay range of 2-3 x the state minimum wage. With the cities focus on downtown and loading up that area with 10-20 coffee shops, your result will continue to be low paying jobg and a high poverty rate. If the east end ever begins to develope again, you will see those jobs flee to cities up and down I-75. Cities which have a higher number of that have college degrees and can do more than just flip burgers. In the job category, Middletown is it's own worst enemy and has been for the last ten years and will continue that way for the next decade plus. As far as the jobs Middletown needs you never expect them to materalize in a city such as This.

Pacman
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 2:43pm
When you approach the Middletown/122 exit from the south you can't tell that there is anything there.  You can't see one business or service.  It looks like you will be exiting into the middle of nowhere. 
Hopefully, the new motel next to Walmart will have a sign that one can see from I-75 northbound.  Perhaps someone will stop to spend the night and at least spend a few bucks at Steak-n-Shake.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic